Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #1737
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

I just simulated one AA game for my SP RTTS. Pitched 8 shutout innings with 6ks but only got 38 training points? What gives? was it a glitch or something? I pitched a similar game earlier today and got 400+ points. Do I have to pitch the game myself to get a an appropriate amount of points?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #1738
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbarian
Have you passed your arbitration years already? You don't become a free agent for 6 years - they own you outright for 3 years and then you have 3 arb years where they are the only ones that can negotiate with you (unless you qualified as a Super Two).
Oh lordy I forgot this game had that in it. That clarifies it.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #1739
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRDoNa-
I just simulated one AA game for my SP RTTS. Pitched 8 shutout innings with 6ks but only got 38 training points? What gives? was it a glitch or something? I pitched a similar game earlier today and got 400+ points. Do I have to pitch the game myself to get a an appropriate amount of points?
You have to choose Play over Sim to get full points, but as soon as you get into the game, you can immediately choose to Exit the game and sim to the end, you then get full points for each batter (and at-bat, if you batted).

So, it only adds a bit of time. I don't even think you have to throw a pitch, although for best result, I'd do the warmup to get good confidence in each pitch, and then face the first batter before exiting.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #1740
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

I was promoted to the closer of the Mets, and have kind of had a rough go of it.

I'm about to enter the month of July and am 0-4 with a 4.91 ERA however I do have 14 saves and have lowered my ERA from 5.62 so I think I may be finally turning the corner.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #1741
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Oh lordy I forgot this game had that in it. That clarifies it.

It is realistic that way but I really wish it wasnt 6 whole years, 3 would be ok. none would be neat too, hopefully it becomes optional one of these years but i wouldnt count on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #1742
mal
Rookie

I spent an awful amount of time last night trying to prevent my player (pitcher) from being traded from my favorite team. I chose the team I chose and didn't select draft because I want to stay with this team so I don't really understand why there isn't an option to turn off trading of my player.

Anyway they kept trying to trade me in july while I was in AAA, my stats are really good, sub 2 era, a lot of strikeouts, low amount of walks etc.. but my ratings are what you'd expect from an 18 year old. I would reload saves and they kept trading me, I would use some skill points to try an alter the memory, which worked but they would just trade me to a different team. So I artificially inflated my stats by giving up around 7 runs a game for 3 games in a row, ended up with a 4/5 era overall. This worked and I finally made it past the deadline, so I play a few games in my normally dominating way and in the second week of august I get traded again.

So my question is when exactly am I safe from being traded? I hate having to play awful intentionally just to lose trade value.

Last edited by mal; 06-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #1743
MVP

OVR: 26

I finished the first year as a SP with the Reds. Got promoted from AA to AAA early on and finished the year as ace for Louisville. Got 5 pitches-4SFB, RFB, change, 12-6 curve, and knuckleball. I got all pitch attributes to 50 and some to 60 to end the year. Also, all /9 ratings are 50 as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #1744
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Reason #3000 I want out of the Marlins Organization:

Gaby Sanchez is playing SS. WTF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »