Home

MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #33
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
The reason people are upset is mainly because we get thread on here every year asking the community to give uniform suggestions and for 2 years we haven't seen most of the requests.

Like its been saiid earlier in the thread, I think there wouldn't be any body getting upset if the developers would of said earlier in the year there aren't going to be many uniform changes. Instead of getting our hopes up by asking for community feedback and requests for throwbacks and then coming to find out most of the throwbacks are unchanged for the 3rd year in a row.
And who is to say those feedback threads are for the following year?

They can be for a process over time. And they have to prioritize their time with this game.

Not to mention they do not have access to unlimited throwbacks or information on them like you would think. I was told by one of the artists that getting proper "legal" information/sources on throwbacks is one of the hardest to get, since most old uniforms are not well cataloged like newer ones.

And sometimes(more often than not) they can't just go off of pictures taken from third party sources.

Legal terms, etc are more strict now than they have ever been. And you can not get away with things in games that have licensing like you could in '05 and before.

It is more complicated than people care to understand ultimately.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #34
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video - Jerseys, Caps, Alternates and Throwbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
And who is to say those feedback threads are for the following year?

They can be for a process over time. And they have to prioritize their time with this game.

Not to mention they do not have access to unlimited throwbacks or information on them like you would think. I wad told by one of the artists that getting proper legal information on throwbacks is one of the hardest to get, since most old uniforms are not well cataloged like newer ones.

And sometimes they can't just go off of pictures taken from third party sources.

It is more complicated than people care to understand ultimately.
Yeah, and they may also be gathering information in those threads so that if they do get legal clearance they know what people want. Just like everything, there is a plan and I don't know what it exactly entials, but I'm sure it's awesome.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #35
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
There may be a reason for not doing this but I would love to see the year(s) that the uniform was worn listed as opposed to simply "throwback". List "1982-1994 H" under the jersey instead.

Just a small thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

OVR: 0

this is always a frustrating topic, Im with those who are upset about the Toronto "T" hats still not being in the game. especially with the spring ones being there already. but who knows whose to blame, wether its MLB or SCEA letting SCEA know about it at least puts pressure on them to get it done in the next edition of the game.
When the fella said its unacceptable, hes right it really is, but if SCEA legitimitley cant do anything about it, than theres nothing to do but shrug shoulders i guess... point is easy on the people who get frustrated that there requests are not showing up. Its not as if certain things like this are game changers like the fans wont buy it if a certain hat isnt here or there. Just seems once somoeone expresses frustration theres always the "SCEA Police" to tear them a new one.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #37
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
There may be a reason for not doing this but I would love to see the year(s) that the uniform was worn listed as opposed to simply "throwback". List "1982-1994 H" under the jersey instead.

Just a small thought.
I asked for that while there. Thing is their database does not sort that way, so it is something that would have to be programmed in. So hopefully we can get that.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #38
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
this is always a frustrating topic, Im with those who are upset about the Toronto "T" hats still not being in the game. especially with the spring ones being there already. but who knows whose to blame, wether its MLB or SCEA letting SCEA know about it at least puts pressure on them to get it done in the next edition of the game.
When the fella said its unacceptable, hes right it really is, but if SCEA legitimitley cant do anything about it, than theres nothing to do but shrug shoulders i guess... point is easy on the people who get frustrated that there requests are not showing up. Its not as if certain things like this are game changers like the fans wont buy it if a certain hat isnt here or there. Just seems once somoeone expresses frustration theres always the "SCEA Police" to tear them a new one.
There is a difference between being frustrated and providing proper feedback, and being frustrated and calling the devs out asking if they watch any baseball.

Noone is "policing" constructive criticism.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
Go Braves!!

AtlantaBraves22's Arena

OVR: 17

Are they ever gonna add anymore braves throwbacks? I mean theres like 2 on the game, at least add the one hank Aaron wore

PSN: AlabamaRollTide8 (Add me if your a braves fan, or Alabama Fan!)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #40
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Glad we have the ability to mix and match, but the options leave a lot to be desired. Growing up a uniform fanatic in all sports it kind of sucks to see so many important, memorable, and historic uniforms missing in a sport that started the throwback wearing trend. When you have to play teams so many times in a season or even a homestand it gets repetitive quickly to see the same things over and over. Being 2011 one would hope we could 10 times the amount of uniform sets than what is currently being offered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »