Home

Lets talk player ratings!

This is a discussion on Lets talk player ratings! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lets talk player ratings!

Yea this game is great but SCEA really drops the ball on ratings.
After making the adjustments my lineups and ratings and look like the real clubs.
So if I can do it, why cant SCEA?
Maybe they should hire me or someone else to do ratings.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Rookie

I'm also using 0 pitch speed.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Rookie

Why doesn't SCEA use the simple ratings system that MLB network and MLB use?
The 2-8 system for pitchers.
The 5 tool system for hitters/fielders.
I think all the sports games need to simplify their ratings system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
Rookie

I end up adjusting ratings for all 30 teams and don't mind, but the Potential ratings can get annoying. I would like control of these. Some players are too high and others too low and not much to do about it (besides create a player in his place).

I started a thread about multile ratings for each player (up to 2 types). For position players, fielding and batting. Some are A potential or overall for fielding, but will always be a ~250 hitter. Some are poor fielders, with excellent hitting. If you adjust (for many players) their actual strengths in these categories, you don't get an accurate overall rating.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
Maybe he has no green light for a reason we don't know? Speed doesn't mean you have to steal many bases, perhaps Drew can't read pitchers that well. I'm not saying you have to believe it. Buy the book and you'll see it yourself, Drew's SX was higher than Crawford's in each of the last 5 years.
Instead of telling us to buy the book to see what you mean can you explain it?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Crawford ran a 40 in 4.28. I can't truly imagine Drew running anywhere close regardless of what some book says.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktransplant007
I end up adjusting ratings for all 30 teams and don't mind, but the Potential ratings can get annoying. I would like control of these. Some players are too high and others too low and not much to do about it (besides create a player in his place).

I started a thread about multile ratings for each player (up to 2 types). For position players, fielding and batting. Some are A potential or overall for fielding, but will always be a ~250 hitter. Some are poor fielders, with excellent hitting. If you adjust (for many players) their actual strengths in these categories, you don't get an accurate overall rating.
Potential is probably the most screwed up rating. Ryan Howard has a B potential now when he used to have an A. I know he hasn't played amazing recently but that hardly warrants a B rating. He is an all-star caliber 1B possibly the best in the league IF he stays healthy this year.

Cliff Lee also has better BB, K, H, and HR than Halladay while even the man himself admits Halladay is the better pitcher. BTW, Halladay should have better H/HR and Lee should have better BB/K (to reflect their styles, Halladay is big on grounders and flies, Lee is a strikeout machine).

Also, what is the obsession with power for rating offense? I did a fantasy draft and thought I had built a great team, but was ranked 28th in offense even though I had guys like Ichiro on my team. I even had some decent power guys and still got such a horrible rating just makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

i about pee'd my pants in laughter after seeing nate schierholtz contact vs lefties maxed out. Sure he had one good year againts lefties but hit 240 overall last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »