Home

WHY can't I create a PRIVATE league??

This is a discussion on WHY can't I create a PRIVATE league?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: WHY can't I create a PRIVATE league??

You also have to take a monthly urine test to make sure you are not taking any controller performing enhancing substances!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You also have to take a monthly urine test to make sure you are not taking any controller performing enhancing substances!
The MLB 11 baseball Dualshock may be ruled illegal, due to it being a magic controller and all.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes..
I tried the same just to test it out....
You need a 3 star rating.(not sure if that's what the 10 games gets you.)

M.K.
Knight165

Man, this stinks, it is still the best baseball game out there, but I do not have time for this crap. Like many people I have a job, I am getting married, and have a general "life." I only worked on a 1987 roster in my few hours of time I get by myself each week. Is there any manager vs manager mode and give each other high ratings? Any quick work around for this, or does this restriction come off in a certain time period?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Man, this stinks, it is still the best baseball game out there, but I do not have time for this crap. Like many people I have a job, I am getting married, and have a general "life." I only worked on a 1987 roster in my few hours of time I get by myself each week. Is there any manager vs manager mode and give each other high ratings? Any quick work around for this, or does this restriction come off in a certain time period?
Hopefully the restriction comes off soon, or they can patch it (or maybe just change a server setting? Not sure if this would be server-side or client-side).

I understand the Level 3 or 10-game requirement for PUBLIC leagues, but not for Private.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

After playing about 8 games online and striking out 18+ times per game, I'm not sure I would enjoy a season of that. Maybe there's a method to their madness? 10 games is surely a large enough sample of games to determine if you like the online gameplay or not. It was for me. I'll try it again post patch if they adress so of the online timing issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #22
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10

I rarely complain about games. I still think this game is the best thing ever BUT this online league stuff is really really ridiculous. I personally have time to play games online to get a rating but I know many others have family and work commitments and this restriction is really not fair to them. Its stupid to force people to have a rating or skill level to simply join a league with their buds. It doesnt make any sense to do all this restriction stuff when people pay for a game and want to use its features. To anyone who plays at night time feel free to add me and we can try and knock out this 10 game stuff so we can start/join our leagues. my psn is TexasFight_
Old 03-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is a major step backwards. This is what happens when the competition is way behind, SCEA can just do whatever they want knowing the alternative is not any better. Very disappointing... I too have been waiting the absurd 2 weeks to start my private league and now this... I am not interested in playing with other people online, it is for me and a few buddies who want our own custom league. So much hype...This is what I paid for?! This is a scam!!! Please fix this!!! Where are the SCEA guys on this post? No where to be found... Unbelievable.

Thank you SCEA, for adopting my ideas for a Playoff feature and eventually an 'online franchise'. No credit needed to be given... I am just happy you are working towards it...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #24
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
"Play ten games quickly"? Each game takes an hour and a half to play.
1 Inning games maybe? i wouldn't be surprised if they don't count for some reason though.

For they guy who is saying people can't join his league, he probably changed the min skill level to something above what his buddies are rated...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »