Home

***Official MLB 11 The Show Bugs Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 11 The Show Bugs Thread*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #33
MVP

GiantKing's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ***Official MLB 11 The Show Bugs Thread***

Whats the bug? Warmed up 2 pitchers in bullpen while batting in top of 6th. In bottom of 6th the bar at the top showed "Pitcher Warm". I replaced my reliever with one from the bullpen. The bar continued to show "Pitcher Warm" and even would show that when balls were in play and between pitches and batters. It would go away during replays but reappear after replays were over. Replaced that pitcher with the other from the bullpen and it continued to show it. Eventually in the 8th after warming up a pitcher and bringing him in, "Pitcher Warm" finally disappeared.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, RTTS, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....) Franchise Spring Training

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? Tried warming up 2 pitchers in bullpen. Replaced both pitchers an still showed "Pitcher Warm". 2 innings later, warmed up another reliever, brought him in and it disappeared. Have not tried recreating it.

How often can the bug be reproduced? Don't know, I have seen this in past games and seen it talked about it before.

Do you have video or pictures? Nope. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

exhibition game cards me at giants cpu. brandon belt hit's a triple, no out's, and then tejada hit's a flyball to left field. Belt tags up and instead of trying to score on a sac fly he run's to second base slides as if it's home plate. holliday throw's to third for a double play 2 out's nobody on giants down 4-3 when it shouda been tied at 4 pinch hitter derosa fly's out to end the inning. I go on to win 4-3 i could'nt believe it im loadin up to throw home and this happens. I tried to save the replay but the screen froze. I hope someone else had this happen because I know how unbelievable it sounds but it happened. It was funny to watch, but I hope this can be seen by sony and fixed.

Last edited by 2k7playa; 04-11-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: left a word out
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Whats the bug?
Pine tar on bat for all players on all teams

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, RTTS, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)
All

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?
Even created players on roster updates

How often can the bug be reproduced?
All the time

Do you have video or pictures?
No
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 26

What's the bug?
Not sure a bug, but you have trades the same day you propose them with a 1 team franchise. All trades are immediate, even if you choose the mode to wait a couple days.I've only done trades in spring training though.

What game/mode did you experience the glitch in?
Franchise.

Every time I make a trade in franchise.

Every time I make a trade.

No.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #37
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Not sure if this is a bug in keeping track of stats or game balance issue, but here goes in case.

Whats the bug?

When games are simmed, the runners-in-scoring-position batting averages are noticeably lower than the overall batting averages. Please see the attached graph in which I compare the overall batting average (x axis) and the RISP batting average. If both are similar, they should lie on the green line. Even with random fluctuations, we should still see roughly the same number of data points above and below the green line.

Unless intentionally done, RISP batting average should be similar to regular batting average is the whole population of players are compared as in the graph. Not sure if this is a result of BA with RISP, H with RISP kept track incorrectly, or simply some game balance issue, but batters shouldn't noticeably hit worse in RISP situations.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, RTTS, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

Season, all games simmed, and stats are recorded manually for all players who actually played.

I've done this only with one season, but the stats should be fairly representative as I recorded them for all players.

Not sure.

Please see attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: png barisp_vs_ba.png (28.0 KB, 158 views)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #38
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Whats the bug?

When giving the command to pick-off a runner, the command is ignored and a pitch is thrown instead if the runner is going.

Franchise/Manager Mode

I used L2+square to give the pick-off command. It's happened multiple times, so under the right conditions (runner going, me guessing right and giving the pick-off command) it is re-creatable.

As far as I can tell, it can be reproduced any time the runner is moving and I give the pick-off command.

No.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #39
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Whats the bug?

On a close play with the pitcher covering, if the runner beats the throw the play is scored incorrectly as a fielder's choice instead of a hit.

Franchise/Gameplay

It seems to happen about half the time on plays where the pitcher is covering and the runner beats the throw.

About half the time in the above scenario.

No.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #40
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Whats the bug?

Runs scoring as a direct result of an error are being scored as earned runs.

Franchise/Gameplay

On a play where a run scores because of an error, such as the ball being thrown out of play, the run is being counted as earned.

Any time a run scores as a direct result of an error.

No.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »