Home

Anyone still playing MLB 10??

This is a discussion on Anyone still playing MLB 10?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Anyone still playing MLB 10??

still have it but don't play it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

I was still playing '10 every now and then with my RttS SP, but once I heard about the Performance Evaluator and how RttS players are graded for each at-bat and not the entire game I moved up to '11.

The Performance Evaluator makes a huge difference, especially for pitchers who are still in the bullpen. In '10, giving up that 1 ER takes you from 75-100 points down to 20-30, but in '11 you'll only lose a few points for each hit/run you give up, so giving up a couple hits and an ER will only drop your points by 10-15 instead of 50-60.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #11
Rookie

johnnyboy8102's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I was still playing '10 every now and then with my RttS SP, but once I heard about the Performance Evaluator and how RttS players are graded for each at-bat and not the entire game I moved up to '11.

The Performance Evaluator makes a huge difference, especially for pitchers who are still in the bullpen. In '10, giving up that 1 ER takes you from 75-100 points down to 20-30, but in '11 you'll only lose a few points for each hit/run you give up, so giving up a couple hits and an ER will only drop your points by 10-15 instead of 50-60.
This is huge too.

In '10 I would get the "drive the run in" AB goal with a runner on 2nd and NO outs. If I battled for a 9/10 pitch at bat and then grounded out to 1st (advancing the runner) I would fail that goal and get a zero for that AB.

In '11 the game recognized that the AB above is a productive out and gives you some credit/attribute points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #12
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Nope.

'11 is better in every way.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just finished by season in 2010. This is the first time every that I have finished a full 162 game season. I won the wildcard with the Giants with an 89-73 record. I then lost to the Mets in five games in the first round of the playoffs.

I am now trying to get a season going in 2011 but I miss my "boys" from 2010. BTW...the Yankees beat the Mets to win the World Series. Glad the real 2010 season enjoyed a MUCH better result.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm still playing '10. I'm right in the middle of my Indians rebuilt team in Franchise and I just don't want to stop until I reach my WS goal!!

However, it's getting really tough reading here about '11 and how great it is..... I sort of figured I'd just wait awhile and finish my '10 franchise, but it's getting pretty hard to wait!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
Rookie

I was actually still playing '09 last year, but '11 just screamed for me to pick it up. Custom cameras, accurate broadcast cameras, massive improvement to RTTS (as has been mentioned, particularly the Player Evaluator... SO much better than before), and the analog controls. I use pure analog for hitting and pitching, but still use buttons for throwing.

There was definitely an adjustment to analog hitting, but I find I do so much better with it than I ever did with zone control. The fact that all I have to think about is pulling back and pushing forward, as opposed to moving the pci to the correct spot and timing the x-button correctly, has made a world of difference. I walk a lot more, strike out a lot less, and it all just feels so much more , I don't know..."natural".

All the little nuances in this game... if you're a baseball fan, I just don't see how there's any debate that The Show '11 is the best sports game there's ever been. You can tell the effort they put in to making this game as authentic as possible, and like I said, if you're as big a fan of the sport as I am, which most of you are , it just really stands out compared to some other sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I just picked my 30 team franchise back up again (I play as Indians) and am having a blast again! Just finished the draft, where I had 4th overall pick and picked up an 18yr old future star 2nd baseman =) Created myself and a couple buddies to be on the team to make it more fun and enjoyable to play it out. I only play first game of every series and sim the others so it goes fast.
One of my friends and I do this as well. It definitely adds a little something to the experience for me. We do 2-player franchises (or in this year's case, online seasons since there's no ability to save / email franchise files this year), and me and one of my friends are on my team, and he and one of our other friends go on his team.

Then I usually do an offline franchise of my own (usually with the Indians), and put all 4 of us on the team. With all the customization you can do with facial features, equipment, stances... it's really fun to get a very close representation of how we look and our actual stances, and see how we do throughout the season. Love doing this. Sure, it takes away a little bit of realism, but makes up for it with the amount of fun it adds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »