Home

How do you run your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you run your franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: How do you run your franchise?

For my franchise I always have to trade for atleast one starting pitcher to finalize my rotation. Then i skip srping training and in the regular season, I play the first game of every series. If it is a 4 game series I will play the first and fourth game. I play every playoff game because thats why you play the game, to make the post season.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

I have two franchises going every year. I always do a realistic one where I control all 30 teams but my main team is the Cardinals. I do all the roster changes and in the offseason I sign whatever free agent fits best with a certain team. Like this year the Cubs will go after a big hitting 1b. I play the division games and all of the interleague games then I play the best matchup games. Like Carpenter vs. Halladay.

My other franchise is a random team, this year the Marlins. That I trade pieces to try winning now. I try to make the trades fair but since I know I am going going to play one or two seasons I dont worry too much about the future.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 25

In my Nationals franchise I play all interleague and division games other than that I play the 1st game in 2 or 3 game series and i play the first and fourth game in 4 game series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

I play all the games in my Brewers franchise and play the games in which Felix and Pineda pitch in my Mariners franchise.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
Rookie

iamthepro's Arena

OVR: 7

I have a franchise on MLB 09 (still) and two on MLB 11 and I sim games and handle Day to Day aspects of the club. In the MLB 09 franchise I am in 2035, and in MLB 11 I am in 11 and 13.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #14
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I play my first roughly 20 games in order to establish hot/cold streaks, along with finalizing any slider tweaks.

After this, I try to play 2 and sim 1 the rest of the way.

Sometimes, I'll skip or play matchups that either bore me or excite me. But, as much as I hate simming, I'll never get through a season (let alone multiple seasons) otherwise.

If I reach a point in which my team is no longer playoff eligable, I'll sim the rest of the way. If I reach a point where I clinch, I'll pitch only with pitchers that need some stat padding (i.e. league leaders and end-of-year awards).
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

The way I normally do it is I play every division game. I play the 3rd game of a three game series and the last two of a four. I tend to go against the top pitchers in the league as well. I'm very spotty, but for the most part I do that. I am leaning towards playing every game though because I'm in love with the analog this year. For years, the METS were a bad team, but were good I. This game. That has changed this year since I'd normally do a METS franchise and another one with a rebuilding team, but this year I got the best of both worlds. I also have everything set up how it was Openin Day with the DL an all. I am currently 1-4 with the METS due to the problems with pitching. They're rated 30th right now haha I try to wait at least a month or so before I call someone up, barring any guy just stinking up the joint.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #16
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in the second year of my Dodgers franchise I play most of the game or use sportscaster manager to do the other, my team is young with a few veterans haven't made the playoffs in my 1st year, In my second year had my team in 1st place until July finished 10.5 games behind the Rockies, looking forward to spring training.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »