Home

Anyone else use their couch to help with splits?

This is a discussion on Anyone else use their couch to help with splits? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone else use their couch to help with splits?

I use an offset camera on screen, so that I think takes care of it for me. But for some reason I feel a bit uncomfortable facing a lefty as a LHB. It's probably just psychological but nonetheless interesting why I feel that way... Maybe adjusting my chair position helps...
Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else use their couch to help with splits?

I did this slightly, for a while. I eventually customized my batting cam, though, so it was a more exaggerated diagonal view and gave me a better view that flip-flopped depending on my batter's handedness. Since changing my cam, I no longer need to scoot over.

Oddly, I've noticed other weird quirks in my playing, though:

1. I do much better when the TV is at eye level. Depending on what position I'm in or where I'm standing/sitting/lying, I've noticed the effect of the variables. If I have to look up or look down at the screen, it throws me off. I need it to be at eye level to really zone in on things.

2. Bizarrely, I feel WAY more comfortable swinging at pitches on the right side of the screen regardless of which side I'm batting from. I just naturally flick my analog stick diagonally up to the right. So my lefty hitters are always sitting on inside pitches they can pull hard and my righties are always smoothly going the opposite way with something on the outside of the plate. Knowing this has impacted my personnel strategies, because I mostly need my power hitters to be lefties (so I can yank the ball with authority), and I no longer value power from right-handed hitters because I know I'm mostly going to just be slapping balls for singles and doubles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »