Home

Fatigue is not true

This is a discussion on Fatigue is not true within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Fatigue is not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I found out how to check energy levels before the game starts. I looked at the energy bars of both teams before the game, the game was after a day off for both teams. My starters all had full energy, as did those for the CPU. I played the game. The next day I again checked energy levels for both teams. All my starters had various decreases in their energy bars--six of the eight CPU players did not have any reduction in their energy bars--energy bars were full.

That was a 2-game series with the Dodgers. I played against the Pirates and seemed like energy levels for those players decreased as expected. There is no reasonable explanation I can find that explains why Pujols lost energy while Loney did not--regarding that Dodger series after game one--that is one example. Casey Blake did not lose any energy and he played the entire game, and there were four other Dodgers who did not lose any energy. Maybe the Dodgers have a top-notch trainer?
Maybe there is some glitch/bug...I believe when I have full energy, after a day off or such, my players w/ 99 Durability do not appear to lose much (or at all) energy from 1 - 9inning game..or it's extremely hard to see...I will look the next time this happens and Edit this post if there is anything to report.

Also, the Aerobic Room (in Facilities Menu - Training) states the purchase "The Aerobic room will help your players retain stamina & energy..it also helps with Durability"...I always purchase this before I play even 1-game in a franchise, as I have seen how much energy has been decreased w/o this purchase (from '09 & '10 versions of the show).
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

The Aerobic room sounds like that could be a factor. Can I purchase one during first month of season? By the way, I have training set to auto for all 30 teams.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
Ill mess with this tonight; thanks for the explaination.
Here is the thing, it's hard to distinguish what happens game to game when the bars are already reduced--it is easy when the bars are full. So I would suggest testing after a day off or when both teams have players with full energy bars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

FWIW, I'm trying the same thing as the OP with a Cubs-Reds series in early May, and noticed something right off the bat that is different - 1 day off was not enough to recover both teams to full energy (that is, the green bar on the lineups screen just prior to a game. Might be because they had more games in a row than the OP did.

I screenshotted the energy levels before I started the game, and will take another one after the game showing the levels again. And then, just to be thorough I'll sim the game and screen shot the levels after that too. Oh, and I didn't buy an aerobics room or anything like that - all the equipment is whatever it is at the start of a franchise.

I can't promise I'll have all those pics up until much later tonight (I work at 5:00 Central and I'm eating right now), but I'll get them up whenever I can so we can compare them. It would help if the OP took some screens too to compare, just in case things are any different.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm up 10 - 0 and Zambrano's perfect through 5....
Edit 2: 13-5 Final. Reds made a late run off a tiring Zambrano, but the bullpen came in and finished it off. Screenshots coming shortly.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Remember that you can click on any of these pics to view them full size - it might be easier to read the grayed-out Reds lineups this way.

Before the game. Note how, as I mentioned, that despite the off day neither team's levels were 100%. (Apologies for the Reds lineup levels being difficult to see, but I wanted to ensure there was no confusion about who was user and who was CPU - the levels can still be seen anyway.

Linescore of the game (to prove that I played it, more than anything). Fun game.

Energy levels after the game, and the point of this whole thread. It's pretty clear to me that BOTH teams took a significant energy hit, some players more than others (according to their ratings, I would think). Rolen is a good example that's pretty easily visible (though you may have to turn up your monitor's brightness some if you can't see it)

Energy levels after I reloaded the original franchise file and simmed the game rather than played it. Virtually identical - I don't think I would be able to tell any difference without looking really closely at it. For the record, this was a 1-0 Cubs win - quite a difference from the played game. That's The Show for you.

I saved the franchise file for anyone who wants to check it out and see that I'm not running a "magical" copy of the game with no bugs.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

^ Good post.

I wish the fatigue made more sense to begin with. After 5-6 games my star players can be half way drained. But in real life Cabrera plays 160-161 games a year. But in this game you almost have to rest them a few times a month.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 24

You don't *have* to rest them, the game doesn't force you to do anything. Just like in real life, if you insist on playing Cabrera for 160 games, you are more than welcome to do so. It's a pretty realistic system if you ask me.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
FWIW, I'm trying the same thing as the OP with a Cubs-Reds series in early May, and noticed something right off the bat that is different - 1 day off was not enough to recover both teams to full energy (that is, the green bar on the lineups screen just prior to a game. Might be because they had more games in a row than the OP did.

I screenshotted the energy levels before I started the game, and will take another one after the game showing the levels again. And then, just to be thorough I'll sim the game and screen shot the levels after that too. Oh, and I didn't buy an aerobics room or anything like that - all the equipment is whatever it is at the start of a franchise.

I can't promise I'll have all those pics up until much later tonight (I work at 5:00 Central and I'm eating right now), but I'll get them up whenever I can so we can compare them. It would help if the OP took some screens too to compare, just in case things are any different.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm up 10 - 0 and Zambrano's perfect through 5....
Edit 2: 13-5 Final. Reds made a late run off a tiring Zambrano, but the bullpen came in and finished it off. Screenshots coming shortly.
I can't see the Reds energy bars at all. Instead of trying to show it like you did, follow these steps and do not sim the game:

1. Take a picture of your lineup with players all with full green bars.

2. Back out of that screen and go back to where you select the team with your controller.

3. Go forward selecting the opposing team with their lineup shown like yours above.

4. Take picture of opposing lineup all or at least 6 with full energy bars.

5. Back out of that screen to where you select team with your controller and choose your team (Cubs).

6. Play the game.

7. Repeat all the steps but this time stop and take pictures before playing the game.

The above is if you're trying to duplicate what I did. You may or may not get the same result I did, don't know...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »