Home

Has anyone played more than me?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played more than me? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Has anyone played more than me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd season of my franchise, playing every single game. Made the playoffs both years and got knocked out in the first round.

Last year I got through 2 full seasons but just didn't have the juice to continue. I love this game so much it's ridiculous. Perfectly competitive.
Wow...that is awesome. Im hoping I can get through about a season and a half (im at the current day in my yankees franchise..it was by coincidence though)

My issue is that I have 2 kids and they chew up most of my time and when i do have time, im too tired to even play. I get most of my playing time in on the weekends.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd season of my franchise, playing every single game. Made the playoffs both years and got knocked out in the first round.

Last year I got through 2 full seasons but just didn't have the juice to continue. I love this game so much it's ridiculous. Perfectly competitive.
That's a ton of games man, feel free to pm me your observations and anything you want to see changed, added, or tweaked for franchise mode. Or just the game in general.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

In MLB 09: The Show I was at about two full seasons in, until I had to get a new PS3 and my files were corrupted when they were transferred over.

Most I've played in a baseball game was over 500 in my MLB 2K5 franchise, so I was in my fourth year on that with my Reds.

Haven't done that with The Show '11 though. No small feat! Keep it going!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktransplant007
Exactly..feeling is mutual...that's great for you though! I have played a lot of games with '11 and possibly not even 2 seasons worth, but I keep switching teams to use in Franchise and do too much starting/stopping in that mode with multiple teams.

It's a combination of things, getting the right settings for realistic results..maybe I watch a game and/or highlights and get the thought..'I wanna do that with that guy or even that team'..the stadiums look great and definitely the graphics are just amazing! Makes it at least difficult for myself to 'pick a certain team to dedicate to'...I'm working on it though..lol

May I ask what team you use? or possibly same team from last year?
Last year I used Pittsburgh, this year using Seattle. I like taking bad teams and making them good.

I too had trouble dedicating to a franchise. I do the same thing every year. I'll usually start over 2-3 times with different teams because I didn't like the setting, or the team itself just didn't keep my interest (I believe I played 10-20 games with Baltimore and then Washington before I finally started on with Seattle and kept it this year).

The thing is though, the difficulty is so perfect with this game that actually WINNING becomes the obsession. I want to win the World Series, and I can't do that if I keep starting over. So occasionally you dredge through when you get in some boring stretches, because the payoff is so good.

I lost last season after winning 90 games in the first round to Boston. Game 5... extra innings... Jed Lowrie takes me deep to right over the short wall in Fenway. A video game shouldn't make a grown man feel as sad as I felt that day.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
Rookie

jimmytheking's Arena

OVR: 2

Currently 101 games into my second season with the Rockies. Finished two full fantasy draft seasons last year. Haven't simmed one single pitch. My wife may leave me due to extensive time spent in the game room, but whatever, I fn love this game.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #14
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Nonnel,

Do you share updates in the Franchise Progress Thread?

If so, I'd like to follow you.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

If it wasn't for my work schedule, and my late start into 11 i would be much farther into my franchise than i am... (7 games in) I had gotten this game on release day but being that i didn't play this series due to not having a ps3 (stolen nye 10) so the last game i had played was 08 to any extent.

I hadn't expected this game to take such huge leaps and bounds in difficulty over the next three installments. So when i got 11 i was extremely intimidated by it and had to run back to 08 for some comfort. However as much as i loved going back to 08 the feeling over it was gone.

So here i am back in the game so to speak. happy to be back. Can't wait to see what surprises they have in store for us franchise folks in 2012.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #16
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

I play (when I can) on Legend mode using Psycho Bulk's sliders with no aids. I play full user control of all 30 teams and play nearly every game AA, AAA, and MLB. I love the minor league games as I like to use the prospects from my special collection of full minor league rosters. I also like to set the lineups and pitching rotations for every game just as they occurred IRL. This brings amazing realism to the game especially with balanced statistics.

Do the math, there is around 10,000 games that can be played manually at all levels. People wonder why it takes me almost a full year to play one full season in Franchise Mode and I don't even play 25% of the possible games.

Thats DEDICATION!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »