Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #145
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Quoting my own post because the very thing I mentioned is officially in the game now. "Zone Analog" is real.
Hoping you got the hint!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #146
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Hope there is a noticeable difference in the fielding abilities and speed of players. The way it is now you could put a catcher in CF and not notice a difference. Would be nice to have a reason to make a defensive substitution in the late innings. Also hope a custom made roster won't get scrambled when you skip spring training and start a regular season
Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
Hope there is a noticeable difference in the fielding abilities and speed of players. The way it is now you could put a catcher in CF and not notice a difference. Would be nice to have a reason to make a defensive substitution in the late innings. Also hope a custom made roster won't get scrambled when you skip spring training and start a regular season
That is an exaggeration. Do I have to try it ?
Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #148
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
You go ahead and replace Jon Jay with Yadier Molina and see how much you like it.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #149
Pro

OVR: 24

There definitely was a difference between run speeds of slow guys and fast guys, so I have no idea where that stuff is coming from. The only possible defense I can think of for this guy is that maybe the animations don't reflect the speed difference.

I've never noticed it myself, so this is only a hypothesis, but it is possible that even though Yadier covers less ground, his legs are "moving" at a similar animation speed as John Jay's, so, to the casual user, it looks like everyone runs at the same speed.

Last edited by Bobhead; 12-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #150
Pro

blueduke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILurk
That is an exaggeration. Do I have to try it ?
Yes it is an exaggeration. Admittedly too extreme. Point I'm was trying to make is the OF's speed and defensive abilities in the game (from my eyes) are much the same. Can't tell a big difference. Same for infielders. Players in late innings get replaced for a reason and I've never felt compelled to make the switch as they all field the same from my perspective. others obviously differ and I respect that. Different people see things differently I guess.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #151
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Yes it is an exaggeration. Admittedly too extreme. Point I'm was trying to make is the OF's speed and defensive abilities in the game (from my eyes) are much the same. Can't tell a big difference. Same for infielders. Players in late innings get replaced for a reason and I've never felt compelled to make the switch as they all field the same from my perspective. others obviously differ and I respect that. Different people see things differently I guess.
If you look carefully, I think you will notice the differences... Try playing a few minor league games and how immature they look in the field, how narrow their ranges are... Then some replacement level players play at the major league level... They definitely play differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #152
Pro

blueduke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
If you look carefully, I think you will notice the differences... Try playing a few minor league games and how immature they look in the field, how narrow their ranges are... Then some replacement level players play at the major league level... They definitely play differently.
Never played a minor league game. I'll take you at your word. From my eyes I can't see a noticeable difference with the major league fielders. I'm not declaring there isn't a difference, just saying I can't see one and have never felt the need to make a defensive sub

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »