Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Loving that they finally made presentation and commentary their No. 1 priority this year.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Ramone, you guys have certainly earned my $60 every year. This and NBA 2K are the only sports games I look forward to purchasing.

I like hearing that presentation and commentary were a big focus, and the new ball physics will hopefully improve the hit variety.

Guys, this game is, in some ways, a direct result of what happens when you provide feedback in a constructive manner. We get interaction with the development team, and very rarely do the discussions even tread towards being hostile. Most are a nice give-and-take and if the gamer and developer still disagree, that's OK. I like that we can present ideas to the SCEA team and they will be very honest about the chances of the suggestion making it into the game.

I also appreciate the passion the team has for making this game a beast. You can tell these guys really are passionate about baseball and gaming, and the proof is in what we see on our TVs come the beginning of March.

Keep up the great work, SCEA San Diego. Your game is why I'm still gaming in my 30s.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #35
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Really good to hear this, "“The commentators are going to talk about the MVP race, the Cy Young race, the series that you played in two days before. They’re going to talk about how your pitcher is having an awful year because he’s 5 and 15.”"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #36
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

Hoping to see those cool slices down the line. We seen a little slice in '11 but I definitely like to see a bigger curve.

-ghoste
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste
Hoping to see those cool slices down the line. We seen a little slice in '11 but I definitely like to see a bigger curve.

-ghoste
I thought this was captured pretty well as it was, in my opinion obviously. But I trust that they will only make it better and leave me wondering how I didn't notice the room for improvement.

I'm really excited for the game from what I've heard so far.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #38
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
I really hope the commentary is close to being as good as NBA 2K's and when they say "overhaul" I really hope they mean they really did overhaul the commentary and made a whole new thing.
most overrated commentary there is, gets just as redundant as any other sports game out there. Bought 2k11 and was going through Kings franchise and lost count the number of times I had to hear about Carl Landry catching and elbow to his teeth. Like all games commentary and music gets muted in my house
Old 12-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #39
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Good Lord!

Listen up FIFA, NHL, 2K, Madden, NCAA, Fight Night, Tiger Woods.
And listen well!
I'm calling it now!

Best Sports Game Ever Made!

And still more news to come!?

I'm trying to catch up on games I put aside because of MLB 11 and still have yet to pick up Arkham City and Uncharted, and these guys GO AND DO THIS!?!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Good Lord!

Listen up FIFA, NHL, 2K, Madden, NCAA, Fight Night, Tiger Woods.
And listen well!
I'm calling it now!

Best Sports Game Ever Made!

And still more news to come!?

I'm trying to catch up on games I put aside because of MLB 11 and still have yet to pick up Arkham City and Uncharted, and these guys GO AND DO THIS!?!
Since Ive purched a ps3 and the Show 11, I have barley touched any other game. When I play anything else, Im just itching to play The Show!

Now they just uped the ante!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »