Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #41
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Is 12 going to allow us to offer contracts greater than $250m over 10 years? That is the limit 11 allows and that is not realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well, as this blog values opinions, all I can say about the article is "Meh."

The ball physics sound cool, presentation doesnt really matter a whole lot to me because I sim alot. When I do play it is on fast mode cuz I dont want to spend 40 minutes on one game.

Im still hoping for some good news regarding the franchise free agent issue and trade logic problems. Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING regarding that this year?

Knight? Have you?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
most overrated commentary there is, gets just as redundant as any other sports game out there. Bought 2k11 and was going through Kings franchise and lost count the number of times I had to hear about Carl Landry catching and elbow to his teeth. Like all games commentary and music gets muted in my house
I do that too. I think we're in a small group.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #44
Rookie

Mynameztwitch's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm most excited by the new multiplayer mode.

"Nobody has every done a multiplayer mode like this in any sports game, ever."

One thing I have been hoping for for years (probably unrealistically too) is a multiplayer mode similar to Road to the Show where you compete against other teams. Straight 9 on 9 games.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Not that I wasn't already planning to be a day one Vita adopter, but this news just completely sealed the deal. If they really crammed the whole PS3 Show experience into it then....wow. I think we're going to be very impressed with where the handheld focus has been going these last few years.

And, oh yeah - the PS3 game sounds pretty good too. Obviously the gameplay and broadcast additions will be welcome, but now as a Move adopter I'm curious to see that in action, and how it connects with the Show's core gameplay. Hopefully there will be options to do some things with the Move and some not (I'd rather not do the fielding if it's just going to be a flick in a direction). I might as well book my appointment right now for Tommy John's Surgery now that we can pitch with it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 AM   #46
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I thought nothing of the Vita at all until I read that you can continue your franchise on both the ps3 and Vita. Thanks Sony there goes 300 bucks I'm pre ordering tommorow.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #47
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
I really saw no need to spend cash on a Vita...until now.

Two thumbs way up for these devs, they never fail to deliver. New presentation and ball physics is going to give this game a whole new lease on life.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2
although I haven't been playing my PS3 lately, I've been on 360 playing Madden, and some of the shooters. I always go back to PS3 for MLB the show. To be honest I haven't bought a 2K baseball game since MLB 2K7. I am wondering what this new presentation will be like, last year was good but this should be even better. I am kinda hoping they bring back King of The Diamond. That mini-game was fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »