Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #241
Pro

OVR: 8
I don't think my question got answered lol. Is ball 4 in the dirt bug where it charges an error to the catcher gone?? And is crowd placement throughout stadiums any different from last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Does anyone know if stats in the game have been deepend. Ive asked before and I just want to know if you have what a hitter is hitting against certain pitchers or what a hitter is hitting in certain ballparks. i like the braves and would love to see like in the middle of the season what lets say chipper is batting against the phillies for the year or what he is hitting against cliff lee. those kind of stats would be awesome. what his average is in certain counts. this game is already awesome and i think this would make it better cause we all know baseball is a stats king. everything is accounted for. so can anyone please answer this and great job RUSSELL dealing with all the bull you get on here and the product you are putting out. thank you.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #243
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Guys this is not a "q and a thread"
Old 01-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #244
Rookie

BlingBlaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Im a hardcore player who sets the pitch speed at max, that being said "focus groups saying the game is too hard" really worries me. Making money seems to be the focus there, trying to appeal to every tom dic.k and harry. We all know what happens when devs try to appeal to the vast populous...lame dumbed down games.

I would vote to make a rookie mode for all new comers to the game, this would be appealing to all your "focus people" and wouldnt jeopardise the realism and difficulty of the game.

Also adding some icons onscreen is ok, but please dont add any more, as I am speaking for the hardcore audience.

After reading all the posts, the score bug is located in the only place it could be. The clutter should have an option to toggle, (it isnt in this year, hopefully next year) or a rookie mode as someone else suggested. Otherwise it looks well polished. Keep it going.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #245
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBlaine
Im a hardcore player who sets the pitch speed at max, that being said "focus groups saying the game is too hard" really worries me. Making money seems to be the focus there, trying to appeal to every tom dic.k and harry. We all know what happens when devs try to appeal to the vast populous...lame dumbed down games.
You can make a game more popular to everyone by adjusting different things across different difficulty levels. One thing they can do is have a different default pitch speed for each difficulty level. Rookie's default pitch speed should be very slow and it should jump with each difficulty level. Stuff like that makes it easier to make everyone happy. And having a bigger slider scale would also let everyone customize the game to their liking. Having only one default pitch speed and a weak 10 point slider scale in the past has hurt this area. Here's hoping that gets a big tweak for MLB 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #246
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
I don't think my question got answered lol. Is ball 4 in the dirt bug where it charges an error to the catcher gone??
A dev said this glitch is gone.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #247
Banned

OVR: 21

Put in anything and everything you want...just allow us to toggle things on and off...including graphics.

The focus groups may be single year buyers or skip years. The audience here buys every year. Options and toggle on/off is the way to satisfy everyone.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #248
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Put in anything and everything you want...just allow us to toggle things on and off...including graphics.

The focus groups may be single year buyers or skip years. The audience here buys every year. Options and toggle on/off is the way to satisfy everyone.
Totally agree!

While I myself like having most of the items on screen and would never turn them off. There should be an option to toggle on/off every single item on screen! For me the only time I maybe would toggle most screen items off is when I do CPU VS CPU.

Options Options Options

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »