Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by southoakland16
By in no means am I trying to bash a great game like The Show. My problem with some people is that year in and year out we get a franchise that has MAJOR flaws, and we have to use numerous workarounds. THAT IS NOT FUN! Yet we continue to have the same problems year in and year out... I'm sure I will get bashed, but IDGF
Well you shouldnt get bashed. Its a valid point and it deserves attention. We will have to wait and see what happens. They certainly have made changes. I heard one dev, Aaron I think, really wants to overhaul the whole franchise part of the game but has not had the opportunity yet. And that is probably a very good thing considering all the changes MLB made in the most recent labor agreement. If an overhaul did take place, then it would probably have to just be done again to fit the new agreement. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
As far as the new batting camera goes, I'll give it a whirl, but chances are I will try and recreate my MLB 11 camera angle. I do wish we could change the depth of field ourselves, but as Russell put it, it's not as easy as just "adding in the option." Hopefully there are a couple of more presets that bring us even closer to the action (pitcher and rest of the field is closer in a smaller field of vision) that I would probably work with.

Are you implying that your daughter would play MLB The Show if these customization options were in the game?
Yes, and I would be dang proud. Dang proud I say!!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #291
MVP

OVR: 28
Let me say thst The Show is far and away the best sports game. It emulates one of the most difficult sports to near perfection.

Complaints about presentation, banners, etc are understandable as consumers want a fresh product but nothing beats the gameplay. Now bring on classic Tiger Stadium and let's get it on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #292
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandul
Russel,

The Miama Marlins Ballpark video indicates that the stadium's roof opens and closes, will the same improvement be implemented in game for the Seattle Mariners? In 11, the roof stayed open even if it was raining, which would never happen in a real game.

Also, Free agency seemed unfair in franchise mode, as not all players were ever allowed to be in the market, such as Albert Pujols. In real life the Cardinals didn't offer enough and he was tossed into FA, but in Franchise Mode, I simulated the postseason several times in a row and he never ever showed up as an option to try and buy off. However unrealistic it seemed that Albert Pujols would leave the Cardinals... it still happened.

And A-rod retired due to Age... ridiculous lol. Have minor things like these been addressed at all? (i'm not saying do it now! because i know we're past that dev stage)

We haven't released any video of Marlins stadium.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #293
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Why does every info thread turn into a Q and A thread and people complaining about what wasnt mentioned or what hasnt changed? There are threads for that here, more so than most games. Respond to the features that are being discussed and released.

And to say that you're just tired of other people defending the game blindly...a lot of it is people using these threads properly and discussing or stating wheather they like a feature or not that has just been released ..its not letting other "flaws" slip by. but maybe it's because some crazy fan has already beaten it to death in every other info thread that turned in to a rant on whats wrong and/or hijacking it to go on about what features arent included before even half the features are released yet, all under the guise of informing people because it yet again was over looked.

Honestly, maybe Russel can say, how many things were over looked or fell through the cracks that wasnt brought up in the bug threads in proper manner and was truly fixed because a "fan" repeated their buying habits and ultimatums and dire concerns for something so simple that surely it could be fixed?

I personally dont like the idea of a pitcher to be farther away. Thats part of the intimidation of a 6'7+ pitcher on a mound he is close and towering, if you need more time to react guess better or slow the pitch down..but we have custom camera angles.

Also I like the idea of less displays but also like the fewer button presses/menu screens..I do wish for a pitch counter tho, sportsnet on rogers doesnt and Im always wondering what it is..I spend a lot of time looking at pitch counts so i can work starters.

In bold true dat, I can never really wrap my head around it. It's as if someone starts giving out free apple pie and people start complaining about the forks.

Anyway all of the old camera views from last year are still in the game. In addition even though the camera is further away the pitch speeds is consistent. It's an optically illusion that you think you would have more time to react but in reality it's the same for the classic and the new camera view.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #294
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
In bold true dat, I can never really wrap my head around it. It's as if someone starts giving out free apple pie and people start complaining about the forks.

Anyway all of the old camera views from last year are still in the game. In addition even though the camera is further away the pitch speeds is consistent. It's an optically illusion that you think you would have more time to react but in reality it's the same for the classic and the new camera view.
I thought I read somewhere that you guys lowered the default pitch speed. I might be wrong though.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #295
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I thought I read somewhere that you guys lowered the default pitch speed. I might be wrong though.
I think he just meant that the pitch speed is consistent regardless of view.

As for default pitch speed being lowered, you are right...it was Russell himself who posted that default pitch speed was lowered a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The stride timing window has been opened up a bit to help compensate for the added difficulty. Also the games default pitch speed is a little slower than it has been in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #296
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is funny that someone said this is not a Q & A thread yet that is all anyone on here is doing. I asked a question about stats on page 25 or around there and I was told that this is not for questions. Almost everyone on here is getting theirs answered but I dont get squat. Thanks guys. Remember that this is not a Q & A thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »