Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #305
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
player models look terrible
Wow that's a very constructive post. Care to elaborate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #306
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
Always wanted to pull a trigger on picking up a PS3 strictly for The Show...bluffed on it a few times, guess what...come March, I'm doing it.

This game sounds absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to play it...screw the haters.

Keep on doing what you're doing Russell, thanks for everything.
If you are new to this series on the PS3... Mark my words...

You will be floored(period)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #307
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
If you are new to this series on the PS3... Mark my words...

You will be floored(period)
I also should offer a warning, as someone who's become a junkie (any suggestion for a rehab facility...?). I didn't even buy a PS3 for the Show (and games in general) and it has pretty much become a dedicated machine for it by now.

At first the Show may be very challenging (too challenging for some) but this game gets better and better as you get better and appreciate how much details are in the game to make this baseball video gaming so eerily close to the real one in the excitement level.

If you really like baseball, you are in it for a real treat... that's for sure.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #308
Rookie

OVR: 4
One of the funniest incidents last year was someone complaining that a player's stance was wrong, but the player actually was there and was scanned for his stance lol.

Also re: rainouts etc, we had more than a few conversations about this last time I was there, and it's very evident that they do want to handle that if they can the right way to do so.

Http://psnation.org
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #309
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I also should offer a warning, as someone who's become a junkie (any suggestion for a rehab facility...?). I didn't even buy a PS3 for the Show (and games in general) and it has pretty much become a dedicated machine for it by now.

At first the Show may be very challenging (too challenging for some) but this game gets better and better as you get better and appreciate how much details are in the game to make this baseball video gaming so eerily close to the real one in the excitement level.

If you really like baseball, you are in it for a real treat... that's for sure.
I agree...I have had a ps3 for about 3 years now and its amazing...the show has been the must buy game for me...that and uncharted. As for the difficulty, as others have said its challenging at first...but once you get into that groove you will love it to death man. Knights and co are the beat rosters period on the market across the board so accompany them with this game and it really is MLB in your living room.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #310
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
I'm a huge fan of this game, and I am excited about everything I am seeing...however, one small gripe I have (and yes, I know it is nit-picking) is STILL the lack of any real licensed equipment such as seen in the NBA2k, Madden, Fifa, etc.
Personally, I can't stand those ugly freaking shin guards that STILL don't even fit properly on a player's leg (see Adrian Gonzalez screenshots).
Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #311
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
I'm a huge fan of this game, and I am excited about everything I am seeing...however, one small gripe I have (and yes, I know it is nit-picking) is STILL the lack of any real licensed equipment such as seen in the NBA2k, Madden, Fifa, etc.
Personally, I can't stand those ugly freaking shin guards that STILL don't even fit properly on a player's leg (see Adrian Gonzalez screenshots).
In fact, now that I am thinking about it...one of my main hopes for next year's game is to see an overhaul of however SCEA manages their uniform and equipment design. In the sports gaming industry, they are well behind the curve in this regard. All the other sports games have had licensed equipment for 5+ years. To be fair, though, they did nail the most important aspect of a sports game: gameplay. The game is great, but improvements can be made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #312
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Not to delve too much into it.

It is all legal and licensing. If you notice the loss of Rawlings.

It is much more complicated (expensive) with the MLB unions, licensing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »