Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #321
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolapc1978
This is funny that someone said this is not a Q & A thread yet that is all anyone on here is doing. I asked a question about stats on page 25 or around there and I was told that this is not for questions. Almost everyone on here is getting theirs answered but I dont get squat. Thanks guys. Remember that this is not a Q & A thread.
exactly why there needs to be an OFFICIAL Q & A thread...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #322
Banned

jd369's Arena

Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't know how licensing works with regards to sports either, but your logic isn't that far off. In (good) movies, companies pay to have their products in a movie. I don't know if MLB is an issue here, and I'd imagine it is, but in a perfect world the same would hold true in video games, and a game development company could hypothetically profit from allowing brand names in their game.

But like I said I'm sure the core issue here is that Bud Selig guy. Maybe he doesn't want these brand names accidentally misrepresented, and so MLB refuse brand incorporation altogether.

Or maybe MLB requests chicken dinners that Russell refuses to part with.
Im sure the MLB is the reason for it (since MLB games are the only major sports game without licensed equipment). Is it that they want money on top of having to pay the equipment companies (I cant see how that would even be legal)? It would be nice to get an ACTUAL answer instead of the "we cant but cant tell you why" thats getting a bit old. No ones getting sued for saying "the MLB wants too much money etc etc" and if they are then theres more wrong with this world than getting some nikes in a baseball game.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #323
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
exactly why there needs to be an OFFICIAL Q & A thread...
And the questions would be answered by who? you? You realize that the developers are already doing us an incredible favor by even participating in discussions, or even by having accounts on these forums? They don't have to do any of that. Look what happened in that other thread (or maybe it was this one? I don't remember). Russell tried to be nice and answer a few questions, and before you know it, there was like 8 pages of questions, and people complaining that their question had not been answered.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting answers, but I think some of us need to take a look in the mirror and remind ourselves who is on the more fortunate side of the Dev/OS cooperation deal.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #324
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Q&A thread(s) should be opening soon; if years past are any indication. Not to mention some extremely valuable writeup/question/response threads by the CES attendees.

Just a little bit of patience guys. I know, easier said than done.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #325
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Q&A thread(s) should be opening soon; if years past are any indication. Not to mention some extremely valuable writeup/question/response threads by the CES attendees.

Correct! There will be a Community day discussion: Question & Answer thread up soon. There will be a ton of info shared!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #326
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
One thing I'll never understand, is how companies that make sports equipment (like Rawlings, Louisville, etc) wouldn't be clamoring to have their stuff in games? Especially something as good and as respected as The Show.

Or maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way...maybe they want to be in and were refused for whatever reason(s)? Can't pretend to know how the licensing works.
Quote:
Im sure the MLB is the reason for it (since MLB games are the only major sports game without licensed equipment). Is it that they want money on top of having to pay the equipment companies (I cant see how that would even be legal)? It would be nice to get an ACTUAL answer instead of the "we cant but cant tell you why" thats getting a bit old. No ones getting sued for saying "the MLB wants too much money etc etc" and if they are then theres more wrong with this world than getting some nikes in a baseball game.
It is not the companies themselves.

It is the MLB Union... since the players "wear said equipment"... the Union "wants their cut of the pie now too".

It is too expensive and complex. The uniforms and hats are a tad different and are licensed because they are part of the MLB Style Guide... everything else is "players personal choice"...

Not going to get into it any more than that due to legalese reasons, and not wanting to piss off their licensees... but that is how business is now-a-days. It is not spoken upon by Sony officially, because that is not how big business works. You respect each other and work with each other and there is give and take.

That is why gone are the days where you can push the envelope like 2K, Acclaim, EA, etc used to. Better safe than sorry.

Football/Hockey/Basketball, etc have totally different unions. I can only speak for what I know about the MLB one, and why it is recently been so complex.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-02-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #327
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
And the questions would be answered by who? you? You realize that the developers are already doing us an incredible favor by even participating in discussions, or even by having accounts on these forums? They don't have to do any of that. Look what happened in that other thread (or maybe it was this one? I don't remember). Russell tried to be nice and answer a few questions, and before you know it, there was like 8 pages of questions, and people complaining that their question had not been answered.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting answers, but I think some of us need to take a look in the mirror and remind ourselves who is on the more fortunate side of the Dev/OS cooperation deal.
Now why would I answer the questions? Do I make the game? You had to know that was pretty ridiculous even as you typed it out. These guys GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game. Your example is exactly why there needs to be an official QA thread. then people could get their questions answered in one place with a set up format. That way people wouldnt have to complain that they arent getting questions answered. when theres 10 different questions in 10 different threads that would make it near impossible to get to everyone so it only takes a little common sense to show that one thread for questions is the way to go. Its a pretty simple concept: someone asks a question, one of the devs quotes it and and gives an answer, any other post is either ignored or deleted. Its great to have them here, but no one is doing anyone a "favor" when they are on the clock making money to post on the net.

Last edited by jd369; 01-02-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #328
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Now why would I answer the questions? Do I make the game? You had to know that was pretty ridiculous even as you typed it out. These guys GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game. Your example is exactly why there needs to be an official QA thread. then people could get their questions answered in one place with a set up format. That way people wouldnt have to complain that they arent getting questions answered. when theres 10 different questions in 10 different threads that would make it near impossible to get to everyone so it only takes a little common sense to show that once thread for questions is the way to go. Its a pretty simple concept: someone asks a question, one of the devs quotes and and gives an answer, anything other post is either ignored or deleted. Its great to have them here, but no one is doing anyone a "favor" when they are on the clock making money to post on the net.

Read this from above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Correct! There will be a Community day discussion: Question & Answer thread up soon. There will be a ton of info shared!
Stay tuned... when we are allowed to speak, you will get information answered within what we are allowed to talk about.

And I, as well as the 6-7 other guys that are attending these community events, NOT getting paid, taking TIME OFF of work to do so, are not getting paid to answer your questions. We do it because we have so much passion for the game of baseball, this very video game, respect for the developers since they show us what they do, show us their very same passion by holding these events for the hardcore community (which is not even a dent in overall sales of the usebase), and our love for Operation Sports.

The devs do not have time to sit there and do a Q & A thread themselves. Ramone is insanely swamped this time of year, as well as the entire staff. Most right now have cots set up in their cubicles with the house pets with them. And never see their own home the next few months. Work 20 hours a day and sleep in their offices/cubicles. (I know one has his Pitbull across from Kolbe's now old office who scares the crap out of me late at night with the lights off, lol)

Ramone and Woodweaver are not paid to post. They do not even have to post. They are gathering information, and when they see fit to answer something or give any tidbits, they then do so. And most on here who do not have the "entitled" way of thinking appreciate it.

You will see threads coming soon for us to gather information... and I am sure if it is anything like last year, a plethora of information will be coming your way. We just ask for everyone's patience and co-operation... because it can turn into a hot mess real quick.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »