Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #329
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Now why would I answer the questions? Do I make the game? You had to know that was pretty ridiculous even as you typed it out. These guys GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game. Your example is exactly why there needs to be an official QA thread. then people could get their questions answered in one place with a set up format. That way people wouldnt have to complain that they arent getting questions answered. when theres 10 different questions in 10 different threads that would make it near impossible to get to everyone so it only takes a little common sense to show that one thread for questions is the way to go. Its a pretty simple concept: someone asks a question, one of the devs quotes it and and gives an answer, any other post is either ignored or deleted. Its great to have them here, but no one is doing anyone a "favor" when they are on the clock making money to post on the net.
1) I believe his question was rhetorical
2) We do NOT "GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game."
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #330
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Now why would I answer the questions? Do I make the game? You had to know that was pretty ridiculous even as you typed it out. These guys GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game. Your example is exactly why there needs to be an official QA thread. then people could get their questions answered in one place with a set up format. That way people wouldnt have to complain that they arent getting questions answered. when theres 10 different questions in 10 different threads that would make it near impossible to get to everyone so it only takes a little common sense to show that one thread for questions is the way to go. Its a pretty simple concept: someone asks a question, one of the devs quotes it and and gives an answer, any other post is either ignored or deleted. Its great to have them here, but no one is doing anyone a "favor" when they are on the clock making money to post on the net.
JD,

If I'm not mistaken (which I frequently am, by the way), Q&A threads with Devs have taken place here on OS in the past. Not to say that's any guarantee that it will take place again, however.

Regardless, Nemesis04; and the other CES invitees, go in to painstaking detail once their time with the game and Dev team is over. Do a search for it, specifically Nemesis' thread from last year. It's astounding the things he was able to write about (as well as the others). I'd expect nothing short of the same from these guys this year, taking all of their remarkable character traits into consideration. Yeah, I'll be on these boards for hours on end. Mark my words. Great stuff!

That said, Russell_SCEA answers questions all over this board. I see you're not new here, but just incase you don't navigate the site too frequently, do a member search for his name once you believe he's taking part in MLB 12 Q&A. Also, other Devs such as Woodweaver and ESPECIALLY Brian_SCEA - if you want to have your mind blown - answer a treasure trove's worth of information pre-release and are worth looking up. It makes finding their posts much easier, especially if you chose to have the individual posts themselves show up in your results.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #331
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
bla bla bla
- Devs do NOT get paid to be here, at all, in any way.

- On the clock? Try salary, man. By being here they are sacrificing their own time which could instead be spent with family, or more importantly, in Chuck E. Cheese playing table hockey.

The rest of your post has been addressed already...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #332
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Most right now have cots set up in their cubicles with the house pets with them
This part may seem outlandish to those who don't understand just how crunched for time these guys are, but I saw this very same thing when I went there in '10.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #333
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
- Devs do NOT get paid to be here, at all, in any way.

- On the clock? Try salary, man. By being here they are sacrificing their own time which could instead be spent with family, or more importantly, in Chuck E. Cheese playing table hockey.

The rest of your post has been addressed already...
How many bosses do you know that are cool with their employees being able to post on message boards while at work? if you are in the office on OS theres no free time being wasted. Im not paid hourly either, but when Im at work Im "on the clock" not matter how you slice it.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #334
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
1) I believe his question was rhetorical
2) We do NOT "GET PAID to spend time on the internet conversing with people that purchase their game."
so let me get this straight. You'd rather have to comb through numerous threads to answer a question than to have it in one consolidated place? If you enjoy that and all the questions actually gets answered thats fine with me lol. Me, when I see a way to take something that is hard and make it much much easier I do it.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #335
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
How many bosses do you know that are cool with their employees being able to post on message boards while at work? if you are in the office on OS theres no free time being wasted. Im not paid hourly either, but when Im at work Im "on the clock" not matter how you slice it.
JD,

I don't know how else to go about this? Breaking down what a salaried employee does and doesn't get paid for is semantics. By your logic, wouldn't sleeping count as a paid activity if Woodweaver had a really killer dream about how to revamp the throw meter? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to make this clear.

The Devs are under no obligation to post here. And they especially are under NO obligation to directly answer questions from OS members. Remember, they currently respect this site and it's members. We're hardcore here on OS and have very well thought out suggestions. Ramone, I believe, even as a Dev, is a hardcore player too! LOL! We all have a common goal and we learn from eachother. Thus, the bonds of a beautiful relationship. Creator with consumer.

Those bonds, like any, can be broken at any time. It's crucial that even in our frustration, we're polite, and well-thought out in our criticism and complaints. They offer US that respect. Always. Let's all continue to do the same (I'm not specifically singling you out, by the way. Just making a broader point).

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #336
Banned

OVR: 8

Wow what has happen to this place??? So many people seem to be quick to jump the gun and say stuff about the game or what the dev team are doing right and wrong...It's still early so I'm sure everyones questions will be answered.

I have asked 2 times about the stats this year will it have more like Nba,Madden and other games and have year by year and like 15-20 stats for the batter and pitcher instead of the 5 or so they have now and I'm not saying anything because in the next month or so everything we need to know we will...Also as for them being paid to talk to us on here hahahah NO they don't

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »