Home

A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #33
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
I can't wait for that fact sheet to surface.
Its always a good read
Now that you mentioned it, I forgot that it should be coming up in a couple of weeks or so. We first got one for MLB '10 and that one came out on January 11, last year's came out on February 20.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #34
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I refuse to be suckered in by Russell's hype bait. I shall wait with nonplussed breath for the games release.

Any news will have to dazzle me on it's own.

So have I spoken.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

OVR: 0
This article doesnt say anything new, BOARING, throw us a bone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #36
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0

I am wondering will there be a setting to use the traditional meter pitching still? I never got the hang of the new analog stick pitching last year and still preferred the traditional meter.

All in all, even if I have to get used to the new pitching mechanism I am still eagerly awaiting March 6th. I've prolly put in at least 200+ hours in MLB 12 and feel it is the best video game out there.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripner
I am wondering will there be a setting to use the traditional meter pitching still? I never got the hang of the new analog stick pitching last year and still preferred the traditional meter.

All in all, even if I have to get used to the new pitching mechanism I am still eagerly awaiting March 6th. I've prolly put in at least 200+ hours in MLB 12 and feel it is the best video game out there.
Absolutely.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just want franchise to be fixed so we don't have to do the 30 team control thing, that and let us realign teams and the opportunity to remove teams from competing so that classic rosters would actually have a meaning and we aren't stuck playing a franchise where the Rays are around in 198_.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #39
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
i didn't kno it did 1080p, my TV always switched to 720 on its own......

but thank god for this game, with a real singular player mode with realistic skill progression and a unique balance between fun and challenging......EA, you need to take notes.....
It plays in 1080p. You just have to force it from the XMB in the PlayStation's menu. Im not sure if it was a considerable drop in the frame rate or what, maybe even a studder in the graphics. On my TV (46inch sammy LCD), forced 1080p looked amazing. Unfortunately, it was impossible to time the hitting and pitching because of the "slowdown".
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #40
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
...engineering team re-wrote the entire code on how a spinning object interacts with such things as a bat, wall or even the field. This should be a game changer when it comes to total realism...
Very, very exciting news! That is, as long as the defenders do not have pre-disposed knowledge of what the ball is going to do, and as long as the flyball indicator doesn't give it away either. If so, its just window dressing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »