Home

Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived

This is a discussion on Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Definitely going to wait until full details are released before reacting. The bottom line is that this mode should be based solely on it's merits, not on anyone's preconceived ideas. I swear, sometimes . . .
Well, this one holds just a bit more merit than my speculation thread for the masses, at least. Steve is publicizing it, and Amazon is noting it.

Then again, Amazon also has the Vita date for March 27th...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't know, I'm going to wait until we hear more details. I don't trust these types of things to the likes of an Amazon or Best Buy fact sheet. However, if it is what Amazon has described here, it's a letdown for me. I'm sure others will love it, but it's just not for me. Sounds an awful lot like UT, but without all that buying cards crap. What gets me though is that RR said that it wasn't a UT-like mode, but what Amazon wrote sounds JUST LIKE IT! I think I'll give RR the benefit of the doubt here.

Can I just say to those who said that this was a big marketing ploy and they shouldn't haven't gotten our hopes like that: You got your own hopes up, don't pin this on marketing or RR. He simply gave you a little nugget and you wanted the world. That's not his fault, that's just you overthinking and wanting/expecting too much.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #27
Banned

LivewirePA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Can I just say to those who said that this was a big marketing ploy and they shouldn't haven't gotten our hopes like that: You got your own hopes up, don't pin this on marketing or RR. He simply gave you a little nugget and you wanted the world. That's not his fault, that's just you overthinking and wanting/expecting too much.
Sorry but that statement is silly. If They had simply said "New online mode for MLB the show!" and we all started saying "whoa going to be brand new and the best ever!!" then you would be correct.

Marketing gave us: "4 years in the making!!" / "Never before done in a sports game" / "change the way we view online sports gaming" / "Sorry we cant reveal anymore information we are saving it" (said this for months)

Does that sound like a "Little Nugget"? No they told us things that were flat out untrue. Nothing unique or worth constant blue balling hype. Yes it could have been a mistake and they legit thought they were the first, but seems like a really silly mistake when FIFA, Madden and NHL have since perfected this mode
Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
MVP

myghty's Arena

Its nothing like Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is strictly getting players from cards either from packs or auctions. It says you try to recruit players from challenging the CPU teams. To me thats not how you play Ultimate Team. Everyone should calm down & wait for more details than just going bonkers from a few sentences.

As for me, it sounds interesting & can't wait to hear more before judging.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Yet most people are getting their panties in a bunch over a third party revealing? How does that make sense? So many people are quick to vilify the mode even before it's revealed by the actual developer. Hasn't SCEA earned a little leeway in regards to explaining themselves before everyone jumps ship saying that they are disappointed in the mode?

I will concede this, it may have been leaked, but I'm sorry, unless I hear it from a first-party source, I'm not believing what Amazon put up as a feature on their website to try and sell the game. You can remain negative about it, but there is still hope that this isn't what the mode is exactly. Until the fact sheet comes out with the Diamond Dynasty explanation on it or Ramone comes on here and tells us that this is EXACTLY what the mode is, I'm not going to be disappointed all that much.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Its nothing like Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is strictly getting players from cards either from packs or auctions. It says you try to recruit players from challenging the CPU teams. To me thats not how you play Ultimate Team. Everyone should calm down & wait for more details than just going bonkers from a few sentences.

As for me, it sounds interesting & can't wait to hear more before judging.
This!!! It doesn't sound like you buy packs and auctions. It sounds like you play CPU teams and get to "recruit" players, then when you play others you get to "steal" some of their players if you win. This is like the old hockey card days where you would throw them against the wall and whoever's landed closer got to keep the card. And this makes it in no way like UT. Again, I am going to wait to hear the official release notes from SCEA, but making games mean something other than being champion of the glitchers could be fun.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #31
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivewirePA
Sorry but that statement is silly. If They had simply said "New online mode for MLB the show!" and we all started saying "whoa going to be brand new and the best ever!!" then you would be correct.

Marketing gave us: "4 years in the making!!" / "Never before done in a sports game" / "change the way we view online sports gaming" / "Sorry we cant reveal anymore information we are saving it" (said this for months)

Does that sound like a "Little Nugget"? No they told us things that were flat out untrue. Nothing unique or worth constant blue balling hype. Yes it could have been a mistake and they legit thought they were the first, but seems like a really silly mistake when FIFA, Madden and NHL have since perfected this mode
Marketing didn't give you anything.. Ramone was nice enough to drop a few lines in a video last week and it transformed into a 10 page thread that became more of a wishlist than guessing & speculation. I just think you should wait for the official details before you start making snap judgements. 2 sentences on Amazon isn't a lot to go by.

Last edited by NYYanks26; 01-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sounds like the blurb on the back of the box. I'll reserve judgment on the veracity of earlier statements until more details have been released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »