Home

Online pitching Meter or Classic

This is a discussion on Online pitching Meter or Classic within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Online pitching Meter or Classic

Online Pitching Meter or Classic?
OK so today was my first day ever playing online Im basically an offline only guy but thought it was ok? Is classic pitching an option in leagues or not at all online? The reason why I ask is because I think online is cool but it really needs to be classic pitching mainly or it is always going to be 1-0 or 2-1 games if you have 2 guys who know how to pitch. Its basically like 2 pitchers knowing there gonna hit their spots all game. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Online pitching Meter or Classic

That may be a good idea as far as making pitchers less accurate. But you cannot impose your opponent to use Classic interface, because I don't think you can force which one to use. You have to trust that your opponent use it.

I was using Analog, but I know Classic can be used online.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
That may be a good idea as far as making pitchers less accurate. But you cannot impose your opponent to use Classic interface, because I don't think you can force which one to use. You have to trust that your opponent use it.

I was using Analog, but I know Classic can be used online.
thats cool that its at least an option I didnt see it at all tho even as that but like I said Im completely a rook online. I just feel like if you keep it the way it is your gonna have those people who can nail the meter with aces and you basically at that point have a pitcher with no hit stuff in every game. Makes it boring and when I was lookin at the stats of the big guns thats exactly what you had with averages in the .180 range and eras in the 1.6 range. I dont know how those guys play hundreds of those type games and I love those type of games haha
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

You're right offense is down this year...

Yeah, if that's what you want pretty much the only bet is to play in an online league in which everyone plays on certain rules. I've never heard of a league having a rule to use Classic pitching, but if you can find one I think that's a good option personally.

However, in anticipation of '12, I think leagues may not be very active any more. Technically I'm still part of two online leagues, but I cannot see anyone online to play league games, LOL.

You cannot count on those things online, unfortunately...
Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
You're right offense is down this year...

Yeah, if that's what you want pretty much the only bet is to play in an online league in which everyone plays on certain rules. I've never heard of a league having a rule to use Classic pitching, but if you can find one I think that's a good option personally.

However, in anticipation of '12, I think leagues may not be very active any more. Technically I'm still part of two online leagues, but I cannot see anyone online to play league games, LOL.

You cannot count on those things online, unfortunately...
Why do you think that leagues will not be active? Im thinking with some of the guys Ive met through the years here on OS a league would be awesome online with classic pitching. You agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Why do you think that leagues will not be active? Im thinking with some of the guys Ive met through the years here on OS a league would be awesome online with classic pitching. You agree?
Well, relatively speaking, I'm actually a newcomer to OS (my anniversary hasn't even come yet I realized!), so I cannot really claim anything! OS probably is a good place to find reliable players, though I think online players tend to hang around in theshownation.com whereas OS tends to attract more hardcore sim guys, which basically means offline....

Yeah but the key I think is to find guys who keep promises, and try to keep the group small as possible... I think I was fortunate to join more active and well-run leagues, but still people quit randomly, the commish needs to recruit new players, etc., and looking how things were, I can definitely say it's not as easy as it looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »