Home

Now that MLB 11 is behind us... Reminisce!

This is a discussion on Now that MLB 11 is behind us... Reminisce! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Now that MLB 11 is behind us... Reminisce!

My most memorable MLB 11 moments were:

1)Mike Minor, my #5 pitcher had a perfect game (i was leading 1-0) with 1 out in the 8th and promptly gave up a solo shot to Jose Reyes to tie it up. It was hard to be mad after that, my best pitched game all year.

2) Brandon Phillips hits a no doubt grand slam for the cycle. (1 of 2 grand slams i hit in '11 and my only cycle in any game).

3) Yonder Alonso hits a walk off grand slam when i was down by 1 (3-4 i think?) late in the season. I promptly go on to have a late season meltdown and miss the playoffs in the final day of the season.

Your most memorable (do not have to be the best) moments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Now that MLB 11 is behind us... Reminisce!

Finally getting "Yankees 'Inhale Deeply Through the Mouth'!" after one attempt was lost in extra innings (and getting "Tough Loss").

Winning a home game in the 10th after their pitcher no-no'd me through regulation and sticking a loss up his nose.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Kyle Lohse perfect game. First in Cardinals history.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

OVR: 0

Cool Thread,

1) Pitched a perfect game IN THE PLAYOFFS with Brandon Beachy of all people (to be fair he had Shaun Marcums delivery) I was the Arizona D'Backs. My first personal no hitter since MLB 09

2) Stephen Drew Walk off world series Home Run. Matty V shouting move over Joe Carter youve got company.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

My pitcher (RTTS) threw a perfect game, my first ever perfect game but I had a couple no hitters from other years.

My shortstop (RTTS) had 97 homeruns in my 2013 season, I remember Matt V saying "He's closer to TRIPLE DIGITS"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Playing that first round of COTW and realizing that I would not be playing any other game mode until MLB 2012.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

-- In RTTS, played as myself after being drafted by the Mets (my team). Most memorable game is the one in which I hit for cycle in order (single, double, triple, and then HR... totally went for it).

-- In RTTS, my version of David Cone playing for the Astros almost pitched a no-hitter (or perfecto? I don't remember which), only broken in 7th or 8th by a little dribbler toward first which I couldn't handle quickly enough. That was the only hit allowed.

-- In RTTS, my version of Howard Johnson hit three HRs in a game, off fastball, breaking pitch, you name it... I really thought I came close to mastering Pure Analog timing in that game (which of course wasn't really the case, hahaha... I went into a funk in several games).

-- An online game in which I hit a walk-off HR off a curveball in an extra-inning ballgame... I knew he was going to throw one, since he kept me off-balance with it all game. That's the fun part about playing against HUM... much more organic thinking.

-- In my Mets franchise, Willie Harris hit a game tying solo HR against CP (don't remember which... maybe Kimbrel) with two outs in the bottom of the 9th inning. And a couple walk-off HRs by David Wright and Ike Davis here and there... man those games feel so good to win!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm still playing MLB 11.

My biggest moment was probably a walk-off HR by Tulo against the Dodgers. It was a crazy game; I was up 3-0 early, then fell behind 7-3 before I rallied for 5 runs in the 9th, the final 3 coming on Tulo's bomb to LF.

I also was 1-strike away from a no-hitter with James Shields a week ago. I was so bummed to give that hit up!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »