Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.
I think the goal is for it to NOT be a replacement for the ps3 version. They want us to buy both (obviously). I'm pretty bummed about this as I would love for fast play to be just an option. My gut tells me they needed to save on resources- and if it came down to being lots of presentation with worse graphics or no presentation with superior graphics I think I'd choose the latter.

Last edited by bluealtoid; 02-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -cies.

Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

While "conspiracy" may be a bit over the top....collusion could be a better term.
What you are alluding to in the bolded sections....is certainly saying that there is a deliberate attempt to hide something or mislead the consumers(fraud) deliberately.

WOW yourself.

M.K.
Knight165
What? Seriously? Wow again!

Vita have some limitation and they had to make compromise like any game porting to any other platform.

You're really over-reacting when someone not saying what you would like him to say. Wow
Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #83
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
What? Seriously? Wow again!

Vita have some limitation and they had to make compromise like any game porting to any other platform.

You're really over-reacting when someone not saying what you would like him to say. Wow
You are making an assumption that may or may not be true in this particular case for the Show not implementing the full presentation mode, and you are basing your whole opinion on that speculation which may or may not be baseless. When you do that, you always risk yourself of being labeled a conspiracy theorist. And that's what Knight is saying (and the way I feel about your argument as well).

It's true a platform always has its limitations, but nobody has ever said or indicated that it's platform limitation that prevented the devs from implementing the full presentation mode.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #84
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
The Vita has no "limitation" holding anything out.

In fact we were told it had much more memory to work with than the PS3. And in essence had more power in certain aspects.

It was a design decision.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #85
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I find it interesting how the psp version of the Show was half the game the Vita is now. Overall people loved the psp version, I am really surprised how many are upset over the presentation pace. At least you have umpires now! In all seriousness the game did not feel like it was rushing you along while playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #86
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I find it interesting how the psp version of the Show was half the game the Vita is now. Overall people loved the psp version, I am really surprised how many are upset over the presentation pace. At least you have umpires now! In all seriousness the game did not feel like it was rushing you along while playing.
Agreed. It felt "just right" on a hand held if that makes sense. I had no issue transitioning.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-08-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #87
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

It could be a perfect game and there would still be complaints about something. That's the world we live in.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
You are making an assumption that may or may not be true in this particular case for the Show not implementing the full presentation mode, and you are basing your whole opinion on that speculation which may or may not be baseless. When you do that, you always risk yourself of being labeled a conspiracy theorist. And that's what Knight is saying (and the way I feel about your argument as well).

It's true a platform always has its limitations, but nobody has ever said or indicated that it's platform limitation that prevented the devs from implementing the full presentation mode.
Stop shooting at me like I'm a conspiracy theorist. You both trying to attract me in an area I've never been. Not fair.

Joystiq reports that Vita will house 512MB of RAM and 128MB of video RAM. That compares to 256MB of RAM in PS3 and 256MB of video RAM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »