Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Ugh... nearly $4K tax refund... Vita & The Show... loss of job... MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.

PS - Woohoo! Pirates footage!
You need it then so when you are job hunting you have something to keep yourself occupied while waiting in the lobby for your interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #42
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You need it then so when you are job hunting you have something to keep yourself occupied while waiting in the lobby for your interview.
Spoken like a true salesman.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #43
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 12 The Show PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The PS3 version gives you the option for batter walk ups and HR celebration camera as options in fast play. There are also some other little automatic nuggets that happen in the PS3 version of fast play.
I really enjoy fast-play because I cannot devote a ton of time to each game - especially in the regular season. I turn on presentation during the playoffs for full immersion. I don't anticipate this being an issue with the Vita, because I'll most likely play playoff series (especially potential clinching/elimination games and all World Series games) on the PS3.

The ball looks really big in the field of play on the Vita - is this by design? Anyone else notice this?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #44
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I really enjoy fast-play because I cannot devote a ton of time to each game - especially in the regular season. I turn on presentation during the playoffs for full immersion. I don't anticipate this being an issue with the Vita, because I'll most likely play playoff series (especially potential clinching/elimination games and all World Series games) on the PS3.

The ball looks really big in the field of play on the Vita - is this by design? Anyone else notice this?
Not every one will have both Vita and PS3 though.

And yes the ball being larger has been said is by design... appears too small otherwise.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #45
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Yes, it's by design. According to Russell (and the community boys), having it at its normal size would make it very difficult to see. Personally, I'm inclined to disagree, but I haven't seen it for myself, so my mind would be subject to change based on actually seeing that in action.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 8

I must say I like what I hear for the ps3 fast play. Hopefully we get stat overlays as well in fast play...ps3 videos I am sure will be out sometime today.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #47
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Not every one will have both Vita and PS3 though.
That's true - I was speaking from my point of view. Vita only gamers will be fast-play only. I wouldn't begin to speculate on the users that will be 100% Vita, but I don't imagine the number (%) will be high. Again, not a big deal for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
And yes the ball being larger has been said is by design... appears too small otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yes, it's by design. According to Russell (and the community boys), having it at its normal size would make it very difficult to see. Personally, I'm inclined to disagree, but I haven't seen it for myself, so my mind would be subject to change based on actually seeing that in action.
Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I must have missed this tidbit. It kind of reminds be of the NES Baseball days - not a knock, just an observation.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I'm game development you always shoot for the lowest common denominator. I would much rather have someone say they think the ball is to big, rather them saying its to small. If it's to small and you can't bat or field correctly then you won't play the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »