Home

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 Franchise Progression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Lost to the A's 7-3.

As for the trades

Traded Chone Figgins to Cleveland for 2B Adam Weiss (B pot)

Traded Ichiro to the Rays for RF Sheldon Comstock (B pot) and RP Jake McGee (B pot)

Traded Felix Hernandez to the Brewers for SP Chris Narveson, CF Carlos Gomez and SP Roger Gradoville (B pot).

Do you really care where I sent this from?
Wow. You sent away all your stars. Hope those prospects turn out for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescs
Wow. You sent away all your stars. Hope those prospects turn out for you.
Yeah I really wanted a challenge. Makes it more fun for me.

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
Banned

beamon05's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2012 Franchise Progress Thread

I personally would have looked for more in a King Felix trade, but if the purpose was to really give yourself a good challenge, then it makes sense. Best of luck.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll be running with my Red Sox. I usually wait for the rosters but I am itching right now to start.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

I am on the fence on my Franchise. I would like to wait for the OS rosters, but I want to get into it.
Thinking of doing RTTS maybe in the meanntime. I would love to play franchise games though, Im so primed! I know when the OS Rosters drop Ill have second thoughts on restarting.

I am an Indians fan, but leaning toward the Cubs, who are my NL team. I also prefer non-DH and the National League parks and feel.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Lost to the A's 7-3.

As for the trades

Traded Chone Figgins to Cleveland for 2B Adam Weiss (B pot)

Traded Ichiro to the Rays for RF Sheldon Comstock (B pot) and RP Jake McGee (B pot)

Traded Felix Hernandez to the Brewers for SP Chris Narveson, CF Carlos Gomez and SP Roger Gradoville (B pot).

Interesting. I'm planning on doing Pirates and Mariners for one of my franchises. I'm almost definitely trading away Ichiro and Figgins during the first year, but I hadn't made up my mind yet on trading away Felix. If I do trade him, I'll be looking for at least a future frontline starter and a future middle of the order bat.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Interesting. I'm planning on doing Pirates and Mariners for one of my franchises. I'm almost definitely trading away Ichiro and Figgins during the first year, but I hadn't made up my mind yet on trading away Felix. If I do trade him, I'll be looking for at least a future frontline starter and a future middle of the order bat.
Why would anyone trade away one of the best pitchers in basball, and the face of the franchise? And we do have a good middle of the line up, if Smoak can get a full season under him, he will show everyone exactly what he is capable of, Ackley, Smoak, Montero, Carp is a pretty good of the line up, and full of youth. You just need to find a lead off hitter to hit ahead of Ackley, and we dont need any more starters, we have a ton, and 2 on the verge of being called up this year, and may start out of spring training, plus a 19 year old, who is being compared to Bob Gibson, and is expected to start in the rotation in 2013..

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #32
Rookie

theboss86's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys, I have a question...

I'm waiting for the OS rosters to come out before I officially start my franchise. But I wanted to do a quick sim through of a season to see what has changed from 11 to 12.

I get to the off season and go to look at "Player Progression" and notice it is not there. Am I missing it? Or has this been taken out of the game?

Kinda nice to be able to see how quickly my prospects are progressing at the end of each year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »