Home

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #409
MVP

jknott10's Arena

OVR: 17
Anybody else playing with the braves, and trying desperately to get chipper to 46 home runs so he can retire in the 500 club? Lol I kno I am
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #410
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2012 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknott10
Anybody else playing with the braves, and trying desperately to get chipper to 46 home runs so he can retire in the 500 club? Lol I kno I am
Good luck with that. The virtual Chipper might can do it. I have only played 4 games into franchise. I have only hit 2B(1) so far.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #411
MVP

decga's Arena

Update on my franchise: I just started the 3 game set vs. the Astros. I am dominating them with Beachy on the hill. He went 6IP 3k 2BB 1ER. Freeman is crushing the ball. He hit another HR, this time it was 2R HR to deep center 430ft giving me a 3-1 lead. Freeman has 2HR on the year

I bring in the three man trio of Oflaherty,Venters and Kimbrel. Everyone did their job except for Kimbrel. I blew another save using him. It was my mistake trying to throw a change-up to OF J.D. Martinez. The pitch was a hanging change, he promptly deposits it into the Crawford's boxes in left. Tying the ball game @ 3 a piece. The Astros ending up beating me by Hernandez trying to throw the 4SFB by 1B Lee. Lee crushes to right field.

They won 4-3. 1-3 record

Last edited by decga; 04-11-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added some words...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #412
MVP

jknott10's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Update on my franchise: I just started the 3 game set vs. the Astros. I am dominating them with Beachy on the hill. He went 6IP 3k 2BB 1ER. Freeman is crushing the ball. He hit another HR, this time it was 2R HR to deep center 430ft giving me a 3-1 lead. Freeman has 2HR on the year

I bring in the three man trio of Oflaherty,Venters and Kimbrel. Everyone did their job except for Kimbrel. I blew another save using him. It was my mistake trying to throw a change-up to OF J.D. Martinez. The pitch was a hanging change, he promptly deposits it into the Crawford's boxes in left. Tying the ball game @ 3 a piece. The Astros ending up beating me by Hernandez trying to throw the 4SFB by 1B Lee. Lee crushes to right field.

They won 4-3. 1-3 record
Kimbrel has been an absolute stud for me so far
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #413
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still going in my Cubs franchise and using the sliders "thepick88" on all-star hiting and pitching incase anybody is interested in picking those up. I did make CPU solid hits a little higher to get the CPU offense going. The way I play franchise is I play 1 game, and then sim 5. that way I get about 6 starts with each staring pitcher during the year, and that way I can also play multiple seasons! I am in the first part of May and there have been some dissapointments, and some surprises so far. I went into free agency and took a look around on May 1st. I usually like to give the CPU the first month to sign free agents if they wish. I also don't ever go hogwild on free agents, and just by my rule, if I sign somebody in free agency, no matter how long of a contract, I cannot turn around and trade them the same year. I signed Derrek Lee to a 3 year deal for 1.2 million a year. This will give Rizzo some time still in the minors to develop and Lee will also be a good bench player in a year or two. I also signed center fielder Jorge Soler as I think the Cubs will end up signing him. These are the only 2 free agents that I signed. I actually traded David Dejesus to the Rangers for a 2B prospect. This gave Lahair the start in right field. Geovany Soto(B Overall) was struggling behind the plate, and since he was in his last year of his contract he and pitcher Jay Jackson(B Potential) were shipped off to the Yankees for Manny Banuelos(A Potential) and Joba Chamberlain(last year of contract, B potential). Matt Garza was also put on the trading block and the Brewers actually offered a trade. They gave up Aramis Ramirez, and two B potential prospects. With no catcher, I turned my attention to that position eventually trading for the catcher of the future. Christian Bentancourt(D Overall, B Potential) from the Braves. I traded away one of the B potential prospects the Brewers gave up for him and one of my C potential prospects. So now my lineup looks as follows. For my last trade I acquired the left handed aging Ted Lilly(36 years old) for tony campana(B potential outfielder), Trey Mcnutt(B potential) and Ian Stewart(B Potential) infielder.

My pitching staff now looks like:

Ted Lilly
Dempster
Samardzija
Zambrano
Minor

Bullpen(From what I remember) is

Volstad
Wells
Wood
Marmol
Chamberlain
Dolis

Lineup:

SS Castro
RF Lehair
LF Soriano
1B Lee
3B Ramirez
CF Jackson
2B Barney
C Soto
Pitcher

Bench Players:
Josh Vitters(Plays against lefties)
Reed Johnson(Platoon's in the OF on days off)
Jorge Soler(signed as a free agent)

I am currently 14-17 and trying to get the offense going as pitching has been spectacular. I think that my trading for the season is done and may stand pat at the deadline, unless there is a trade somewhere that helps both teams. Lehair has been lighting it up so far in the season. he has 8 home runs and 24 RBI to lead the team in each category. Ramirez and Lee have been slowly coming along with each hitting near .300 now that the season is going. Barney is the biggest dissapointment to me as he is struggling to even hit his own weight, and he doesn't weight much. I am considering platooning Josh Vitters at 2B with Barney.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #414
Rookie

Justino28's Arena

OVR: 2
2012 Franchise Progress Thread

Update on the Amazin's:
We imroved to 10-5 so far. We are in 2nd place behind washington by 2 games. We just won a great game by a walk off hr by Ike Davis. Alex Presley went 2-4 with a hr and an rbi double. The final was 3-2 Mets.

Season Stats So Far:
Batters
Alex Presley - 5hr, 11rbi .250
Daniel Murphy - 1hr, 7rbi .288
David Wright - 2hr, 6rbi .254
Ike Davis - 2hr, 7rbi .250
Jason Bay - 5hr, 9rbi .288
Josh Thole - 0hr, 3rbi .224
Andres Torres - 0hr, 0rbi .241
Ronny Cedeno - 1hr, 3rbi .360
Justin Turner - 0hr, 0rbi .333 (moved him to dh)
Lucas Duda - 0hr, 0rbi .273
Scott Hairston - 0hr, 0rbi .250
Ruben Tejada - 0hr, 0rbi .094
Jason Varitek - 2hr, 2rbi .375

Pitchers Stats So Far
Johan Santana 2-1, 2.45
Jon Niese 2-0, 0.41
R.A. Dickey 2-1, 2.05
Mike Pelfrey 2-1 , 2.78
Dillon Gee 1-0, 1.08
(pelf and gee are fighting for the starting spot for when i trade for jake arrieta. whoever is doing worse is going to the pen)
Bobby Parnell 0-0, 0.00 (3.1 ip)
Pedro Beato 1-0, 2.25 (4 ip)
Ramon Ramirez 0-0, 2.25 (4 ip)
Taylor Buchholz 0-1, 1.50 (6 ip)
Tim Byrdak 0-0 1.29 (7 ip) absolute BOSS for me this season!
Manny Acosta 0-1, 3.60 (5 ip)
Frank Franciso 0-0, 1.50 (6 saves)

notes:
- i will be trading for jake arrieta in either may or june.
- so far my batting all-star is alex presley, and pitching is byrdak (LIGHTS OUT)
AL East Leader: Yankees by 0.5
AL Central Leader: Tigers by 1.5
AL West Leader: Rangers by 1.0
AL Wild Card: Blue Jays and Red Sox tied, ahead by 2.0
NL East Leader:Nationals by 2.0 (phillies are 4-12!)
NL Central Leader: Cardinals by 1.0
NL West Leader: Rockies by 0.5
NL Wild Card: Dodgers over Mets by 0.5

So far, so good for the Amazins. Ill post again at the end of April.

"Alright everybody, line up alphabetically in height order"
-Casey Stengel
"I'm dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball"
-George Steinbrenner

Last edited by Justino28; 04-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #415
MVP

decga's Arena

@jknott10,

I know he has some awesome stuff. I getting beat me not hitting the meter correctly at critical times unfortunately. I will get him working properly for me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #416
Banned

beamon05's Arena

OVR: 1

Lost 2 of 3 at Minnesota to fall to 3-3 in my Angels franchise. Pitching has been stellar, but i still can't hit with any consistency. Pujols is hitting .105 with 1 RBI, and nobody is batting .300 in my regular lineup. A trip to Yankee Stadium is probably not going to help much. I'll see what my numbers look like at the end of the month before I consider moving down to veteran. Even with my struggles, I love this game. I'm definitely playing all 162 games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »