Home

MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #57
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Ok, I'm not going to be to long with this, just played a few innings in exhibition mode....

All I can say its a smaller version of the PS3, I mean I cant find any major differences, which is a fantastic thing...Game play is the same, I haven't enable to many touch options because I like classic controls..

Now for graphics, My mouth dropped to the floor, game looks beautiful for a handheld..I mean really, anyone who had a complaint out of the gate should get glasses, to me game looks almost Identical to the PS3 version, I mean the stadiums are freaking nice and the players models look just kike the PS3..I'm presently surprised, it exceed my expectations in the graphics department..

I will be back with more, but I will say this is all I ever wanted with a handheld to play my sports game like THIS!!!!

Great Job SCEA!!!!
Thanks for the info. Now I feel a lot better about my Vita purchase
Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsonoma
I too am a bit disappointed over the lack of presentation. However, I played two games last night while laying in bed after my wife went to sleep. LOVED IT! I've also gotten another game in while at work today. Good stuff!!!

Even without the presentation stuff it still takes 45-60 minutes to get a game in. You still have all of the game "options" that are in the PS3 version, including new pitchers getting their 8 warm up pitches. Yeah, I miss the presentation but everything else is as addicting as ever. Especially with this version of "Road Show."
Now this is what I'm talking about. In bed and still able to get my Show fix. I had this same experience last night and it was an incredible feeling
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #59
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Now this is what I'm talking about. In bed and still able to get my Show fix. I had this same experience last night and it was an incredible feeling
its indeed a very good game, I love it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #60
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Ok, I'm not going to be to long with this, just played a few innings in exhibition mode....

All I can say its a smaller version of the PS3, I mean I cant find any major differences, which is a fantastic thing...Game play is the same, I haven't enable to many touch options because I like classic controls..

Now for graphics, My mouth dropped to the floor, game looks beautiful for a handheld..I mean really, anyone who had a complaint out of the gate should get glasses, to me game looks almost Identical to the PS3 version, I mean the stadiums are freaking nice and the players models look just kike the PS3..I'm presently surprised, it exceed my expectations in the graphics department..

I will be back with more, but I will say this is all I ever wanted with a handheld to play my sports game like THIS!!!!

Great Job SCEA!!!!
Exactly how I feel now and felt at the CE!

Glad you enjoy it.

So sweet having lighting progression on the handheld as well!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Because I was able to get the Vita version early I had it with me with waiting out the Mass Effect crowd at Gamestop tonight. Managed to finish one game and get another 4 innings in on another one while waiting it out. While there may not be "presentation" on the Vita, having the "Show on the Road" is worth the price of admission, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #62
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm assuming I don't need to provide a picture at this point. I'll gladly delete this post if I'm still supposed to.

Question: How on earth do you check your swing using Timing hitting?

I can kind of check using Analog; but no matter how hard I try (even trying to do it on purpose) I cannot cause a check swing using Timing Only hitting on the Vita.

I wonder if there's a pressure sensitivity option I'm missing?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #63
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I'm assuming I don't need to provide a picture at this point. I'll gladly delete this post if I'm still supposed to.

Question: How on earth do you check your swing using Timing hitting?

I can kind of check using Analog; but no matter how hard I try (even trying to do it on purpose) I cannot cause a check swing using Timing Only hitting on the Vita.

I wonder if there's a pressure sensitivity option I'm missing?
The Vita doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #64
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
The Vita doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons.
Do you know whether or not that means there's no checking your swing with button hitting? Honestly, I'm not sure that it can be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »