Home

VITA - Hitting Is A Nightmare...

This is a discussion on VITA - Hitting Is A Nightmare... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
VITA - Hitting Is A Nightmare...

Hey guys! New to the forum. Didn't realize this was such a huge site, very cool!

Anyway, I have MLB The Show on Vita. I've been playing games for years, especially shooters, and have truly enjoyed playing my dad's copy of The Show for years on PS3. With that said, I feel I have exceptional reaction time especially from playing competitive online shooters...

With MLB The Show I use default difficulty and started out with timed hitting (because this is what I am used to). I was awful... Couldn't get a hit to save my life and if I did make contact with the ball it would pop up. Finally I switched to Zone hitting which I believe I prefer but man is it hard to tell. Why? Because I've played 8 full games and gave their pitcher 6 "legendary" no-hitters to add to their digital resume, while one game I got 2 hits and another I actually scored my very first run from a homer.

I am not saying the game is broken or horrible. In fact I really love it... but my frustration is really starting to mount and even with guess pitch AND guess location I can't hit for a darn. My largest issue is timing my swing. I am always late, and If I were to swing any sooner it would start blurring the lines between identifying a clean pitch and pure swinging for a prayer. Call me stubborn, but I refuse to get off default difficulty. Anyone have any pointers? I'll take anything I can get, especially from those who have experienced the Vita version! Thank you all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: VITA - Hitting Is A Nightmare...

use the impressions thread please thank you
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »