Home

Timing Hitting Help

This is a discussion on Timing Hitting Help within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Timing Hitting Help

Im having no problems with walks on vetran timed hitting pichers don't go agianst me in the strike zone probley becouse they fear my hitter. my contact stats are 91 righty 87 lefty. power is 87-92 so if they do come in the strike zone i make them pay. i get normally 1 walk per game in my rtts games. i use defalt sliders except contact -2 power-2 and solid hits-3 everything else seems fine.

ps: sorry for the spelling just trying to type fast.

oh the minusses from defalt slider position.

Last edited by zoguloth22; 03-12-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: eddit
Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I play on veteran, timed and draw walks at a nice rate. I also play with guess pitch and don't swing on the first 2 strikes unless they are in my zone. I find that helps get me more solid contact (obviously), walk and strike out more. The only slider adjustment I have made is OF speed down 2. Like I said in another thread, I am in love!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #19

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Timing on all star is amazing frustrating. You get a hit, double play the next batter. You hit hard liners, defenders always right there. Perfect timing on a fastball? Well tough ****, you swung under it? Hanging curveball? Might as well get you to hit a grounder to first. Such crap.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

You can also bump up your solid hits slider and or power slider. That helps as well. There isn't one thing in particular, to answer the OP. There are lots of other factors to consider as well. I would always recommend tweaking sliders before any massive whole sale changes. I am a timing guy, to and thus far I've only dropped pitch speed to 4, and lowered fielder speed to 4 as well, and that is giving me more hit variety and more balls have eyes and are dropping in for hits. So my suggestion to the OP would be to play with the sliders first.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You can also bump up your solid hits slider and or power slider. That helps as well. There isn't one thing in particular, to answer the OP. There are lots of other factors to consider as well. I would always recommend tweaking sliders before any massive whole sale changes. I am a timing guy, to and thus far I've only dropped pitch speed to 4, and lowered fielder speed to 4 as well, and that is giving me more hit variety and more balls have eyes and are dropping in for hits. So my suggestion to the OP would be to play with the sliders first.
Excellent post. Once you get the setting to play to your liking there's nothing better than Timed hitting for me. Makes pulling/replacing cold players and giving players rest that more important. I want them to matter, not my "skilz"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
What is the difference between timing and zone? I've always used timing.
timing cpu aims your batting cursor, zone you do.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Excellent post. Once you get the setting to play to your liking there's nothing better than Timed hitting for me. Makes pulling/replacing cold players and giving players rest that more important. I want them to matter, not my "skilz"
Amen!

I must say i did tweak a few sliders too... it was too hard to get a decent team avr with defualt...now i raised solid hits and timing window a bit and im hittin .268 with the A`s as a team, with Weeks leading the team at .311, pretty realisitc if u ask me.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, looks like it's back to the drawing board for me. Just got two three hit complete game shut outs thrown against me. Multiple times I had "wheelhouse" contact and "perfect" timing. I'm definitely going to have to play with the sliders a lot tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »