Home

uniform fixes

This is a discussion on uniform fixes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: uniform fixes

There is an issue with the Phillies alternate blue batting helmets for the past few years now in the game. When the Phillies are on defense, Carlos Ruiz's batting helmet under his catchers mask is the normal red helmet. Should be blue on home day games.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #34
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

No, the most accurate thing is to look at the real world and go by what you see with your own eyes. What you just said makes zero sense. That is not accurate. That is inaccurate because there is information that is truthful out there that proves it is wrong.

If 2K has it then by all means there is some way to get it in. 2K is a far lesser game imo and it just sticks out when things like this and other details have been in that game for 2 years now that have not been in here in the past. 12 seems much much better in this regard though. These guys follow the rules. I think they follow the rules too much then because the Twins and other teams look ridiculous with their obviously flawed uniforms. I think it makes the team look worse and definitely should be fixed so as the teams look proper to their respective real life counterparts. SO we can agree to disagree I think.

Anyway, The Show is an amazing game but things like this have tended to stick out to me because most things are top notch this year. I mean, the last one I played was MLB 10 and I got sick of it pretty quickly because of animations, details, lighting, etc. I don't see why these things cannot be patched but I guess I don't really care that much. There is always next year.

Anybody know if SF has any problems btw?

Last edited by Unit303; 03-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Blue Jay on the hats is too small
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #36
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

So is it definitive that these uniform things like stripes cannot be patched in?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
So is it definitive that these uniform things like stripes cannot be patched in?
Yes, it's been said by Russell that this is the case. They have to follow the style guide when creating the uniforms for the game.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
No, the most accurate thing is to look at the real world and go by what you see with your own eyes. What you just said makes zero sense. That is not accurate. That is inaccurate because there is information that is truthful out there that proves it is wrong.

If 2K has it then by all means there is some way to get it in. 2K is a far lesser game imo and it just sticks out when things like this and other details have been in that game for 2 years now that have not been in here in the past. 12 seems much much better in this regard though. These guys follow the rules. I think they follow the rules too much then because the Twins and other teams look ridiculous with their obviously flawed uniforms. I think it makes the team look worse and definitely should be fixed so as the teams look proper to their respective real life counterparts. SO we can agree to disagree I think.

Anyway, The Show is an amazing game but things like this have tended to stick out to me because most things are top notch this year. I mean, the last one I played was MLB 10 and I got sick of it pretty quickly because of animations, details, lighting, etc. I don't see why these things cannot be patched but I guess I don't really care that much. There is always next year.

Anybody know if SF has any problems btw?

You might as well be talking to a wall, because I have been asking these same questions for 4 years. There is absolutely no reason why 2K has better depicted uniforms if they're supposed to use this all important style guide. I am a big a fan of The Show as anyone, but unfortunately there is a group of SCEA apologists who refuse to acknowledge any negative about the game.

Anything you hear about having to abide by an outdated style guide is a bold-faced lie. I don't care what the dev's said; it's an excuse. If there was any validity whatsoever to the claim, then we wouldn't see MLB2k with different, more accurate uniforms. Not unless the MLB has different style guides for SCEA and 2k.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #39
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
You might as well be talking to a wall, because I have been asking these same questions for 4 years. There is absolutely no reason why 2K has better depicted uniforms if they're supposed to use this all important style guide. I am a big a fan of The Show as anyone, but unfortunately there is a group of SCEA apologists who refuse to acknowledge any negative about the game.

Anything you hear about having to abide by an outdated style guide is a bold-faced lie. I don't care what the dev's said; it's an excuse. If there was any validity whatsoever to the claim, then we wouldn't see MLB2k with different, more accurate uniforms. Not unless the MLB has different style guides for SCEA and 2k.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #40
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
If it were the case that they didn't have to follow the Style Guide, why would SCEA make a game that masters just about everything else graphically. It's not like the developers sit around and say "You know what would piss people off? If we just flat out made mistakes on uniforms. Let's take the time to get details like scoreboards down just right, but it'll be funny to piss a bunch of posters off!!!" There is a Style Guide, there is information on it that teams themselves do not follow to a tee, and the best thing you personally can do is to e-mail a representative from that team and ask them to change it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »