Home

1080?vs720

This is a discussion on 1080?vs720 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Banned

dce21b's Arena

OVR: 2
The game still graphically blows any other baseball game out of the water. I don't blame the developers they have probably gotten the most they could out of the hardware they are given.

Like I said before I'd rather have smooth game play then better resolution.

No worries though there's talk of ps4 coming out next years or the year after at the latest. Then you'll have your 1080p

Sent from my pimped out Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleb0x
One of the few disapointments in the game.
Very, VERY, few retail games on either the 360 or PS3 run "native" 1080p. Hell, most are not even 720p but less than even that (640p), upscaled.

This game is native 720p, and looks remarkable at 60fps with crazy lighting and textures. Not to mention the full interactive 3D crowds.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 03-28-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
in your TV settings there should be an option to fix the aspect automatically or it maybe even on your remote.

I could be wrong but probably not
This is in your head. From what the guy said above the game won't play in 1080p you just don't have the lables coming up on your TV say it switched to 720p.

And even if you were able to you would only be hurting yourself and your frame rate.

Think of 1080p and 720 as the resolution on your PC... Because it is. Everyone knows the higher the resolution the more demanding it is on your rig.

Think of options like cinemotion noise reduction etc on your TV like they were anti aliasing and anostropic filtering on your PC... Except it causing your TV to have input lag(instead of more stress on your video card in a PC)

So to get the best performance with out choppy framerste and lag its best to play all your games at 720p and turn all the bells n whistles off on your TV.

The difference in resolution is minumum and I rather have clean framerstes and minimum lag.

Hope that answers your question.

Good info thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Banned

dce21b's Arena

I don't know the specifics of what the games native resolution is... Whether it is true 720p or upscaled...

My point is that the game would suck *** and be laggy as hell if they made it in 1080p just for the simple fact that the ps3 couldn't handle it. Why do you think you see all the jaggies in ps3 games? Cause the ps3 can't handle applying Anita aliasing and still have acceptable framrates.

To bad games aren't made for PC's like they used too. But with today's throw away mentality people invest in cheaper stuff then toss it when the next best thing comes out. Consoles will always be behind PC's for obvious reasons.

The differance in fifa 12 is amazing. I believe its a direct port from Xbox but with the ability to play in true high resolution with aa maxed the game is beautiful and silky smooth.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1080?vs720

I get that it's supposed to be run in 720p. I'm only pointing out that on the back of the box it says 1080i and 1080p? Kind of weird they would even put that or make it an option if it's optimized for 720p.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Means it can be displayed at that resolution since your TV or Receiver will scale the image.

Not native, but that is how games are displaying it now so the average consumer is not confused who have 1080p TVs, etc.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 1080?vs720

I'm playing it on 1080p but it doesn't look any different.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »