Home

How to play online on two different PS3s (big problem)

This is a discussion on How to play online on two different PS3s (big problem) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to play online on two different PS3s (big problem)

Wow, I've got a big problem now. I just hooked up a second PS3 in the basement of my house to be used on our big TV down there. I entered my PSN info and logged in. Since The Show's online passes are linked to individual PS3 systems, I tried to buy a new one from The Show Shop. Instead, I got an error message saying that "This item is not selectable at this time." (probably because I already redeemed my online code on my own personal PS3 that I use in my dorm room at college). So I did what made sense to me at the time. I exited the game and went to the PSN Store. I searched for "MLB 12" and bought and downloaded the online pass that's available. Then, only after I bought it and tried to install it did it finally tell me I just bought the one for the Vita! Why didn't it tell me BEFORE I bought it? I don't even own a Vita!

Now I'm down $10 with a useless Vita online pass sitting on my system, and it still won't even allow me to buy a 2nd PS3 online pass for this PS3. Do I have to make a 2nd PSN account in order to buy a new online pass? Will it then let me use this online pass when I'm using my main PSN account? Will PSN refund the money I wasted? It's their fault that they don't even tell you it's for the Vita until after you buy it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How to play online on two different PS3s (big problem)

1st off you do not need to buy another one at all.

Go to

Account Management > Transaction history > Download List.

In there you will find the original online pass that you used when you bought the show, redownload this to the new system and enjoi. I have my online pass on multiple systems for me and my son to use

Now as for the $10, yeah your out of luck on that. I would suggest calling sony 1-800-345-7669 and explain what happend. You will have to put in a refund request and youll never actually see the money again but there is a chance that they will credit your account the funds.

*EDIT*

If all else fails head to a local video rental place and rent the show, if they give you the manual use the code on the back of that. Sony does not print out seperate slips for their online codes. Or just ask them when you call to swap the vita one for another ps3 one if you just dont care about the money

Last edited by SupremeYankee; 04-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How to play online on two different PS3s (big problem)

Yeah, I found it in the download history, and it works fine. I wish they would have made finding it more intuitive. Having the game tell you that you need to buy one and then having an error message appear when you try to buy it just isn't right. They need a more descriptive error message that says something like, "You have already purchased this item. Please visit your Download History to download it."

It's not fair to the customer at all that they fail to label their Vita Online Pass and that it's impossible to find out that it's for the Vita until you buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »