Home

Is Anyone Else Getting Bored?

This is a discussion on Is Anyone Else Getting Bored? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is Anyone Else Getting Bored?

Nope. Can't say as I am.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #18
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't played much of it this year so far, waiting for the OSFM Opening Day Rosters currently. I'll play my Franchise, all 162 games as usual. Takes me about 2 months to complete on average.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyl008
I usually tire of baseball in general after spring training.

But as for the Show, I went through a time about a week ago when I was completely sick of the game. I had been having the same problem many others had with balls in play going straight to fielders and was too frustrated to play anymore. I put the game down for a week and didn't even think about it. But yesterday I started up again with a new slider set playing a franchise with the Orioles. And I've had three fun games since; I'm really enjoying the game now.

So while the Show is a source of many hours of enjoyment, I think a break is needed once in a while.
Had this yesterday for the first time in a while. The Brewers outfield were fielding like absolute machines, diving catch after diving catch during a thunderstorm at the end of spring training. I had to check I hadn't done something to my fielding sliders by mistake.

Hadn't. Just one of those games. Frustrating as all hell though when you're a manual fielder and I just know those same hits by the CPU would be a surefire double.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

nope not me.....maybe u can mess with the sliders and forget sim and just have a blast I did it a few years ago it got me out of my slump
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 4

I think you gotta pace yourself with this game. I am enjoying it, but it's not the most immersive video game ever, and franchise mode is not deep and is extremely dull. I know they addressed with the Vita, but it's really the same boring mode, but now on a little screen.

I think my key to enjoying this game has become not taking it too seriously, and to play maybe 1 or 2 games a day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I love this game even more now than when I first started playing the Show with the 2009 version.

It is hands down the best version yet. And I am playing all 162 games this year. Playing on game a day, and I am not getting burnt out at all by doing that. I am approaching it as a real baseball season. It's takes me an hour to play a game, I am not "xing" through everything all the time and taking in the "True Broadcast" elements. I am getting into scouting more than ever this season as well. I am also handling the marketing duties. So I am really allowing myself to get immersed and am in no rush to blow through a season. I will eventually run multiple chises from different era's on The Show 12.

Then of course the new ball physics. I am seeing new stuff all the time!

The Show 12 is a joy. And I am still eagerly awaiting some classic roster sets and will also give the fictional roster set a go at some point. The games replay value will be years and years.

Pacing yourself is the key IMO to playing baseball video games. If you approach it as a game a day you really look forward to your game and it will have the feel of a real season. I will be at work day dreaming about my particular pitching match up for the day, a slump one of my guys might be, should I sit a certain guy tonight, should I make a call up? Should I look for a FA stop gap?

Awesome stuff.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Pacing yourself is the key IMO to playing baseball video games.
It's a marathon, not a spring. It's also a reason why I think people should use their season to approach sliders, rather than wait and wait for the perfect sliders. By the time you're ten games in you should have them tweaked to your liking and not even 5% of the season is done.

Also, panicking about statistics is bad. They'll want accurate OPS, but do it at the expense of wins and losses (the most important statistic).
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

I am having lots of fun and playing quite a bit. While waiting for the 25-man OSFM roster, I started a franchise and vary my sliders so that games are very different. Sometimes I have contact and power at one for both CPU and myself, which results in a tight game, extremely tight. Sometimes I set contact and power all the way up for either CPU or myself and watch the balls fly out of the park. Sometimes I change sliders during a game, and sometimes I play against my team.

If you love playing baseball via a video game, The Show is the only way to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »