Home

MLB 12 The Show Title Update 1.06 Now Available, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Title Update 1.06 Now Available, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #89
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 12 The Show Title Update 1.06 Arrives Tomorrow Morning, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoguitar
No idea what you're quoting there. lol
Haha...I'm cracking wise as usual.
But it could just be the meds talkin'!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #90
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 12 The Show Title Update 1.06 Arrives Tomorrow Morning, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Ok I agree with that, I just said asking the question or bringing it up on every other page is redundant and not necessary. By the way the sarcasm on your other post isn't needed either, you need to chill out lol.
Well we agree to disagree. I see the endless thank you's for something that hasn't even been tested by the entire gaming community as redundant as well.

Just my opinion, I respect yours.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #91
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Well we agree to disagree. I see the endless thank you's for something that hasn't even been tested by the entire gaming community as redundant as well.

Just my opinion, I respect yours.
The reason people are thanking them (myself included) is because they have the track record of actually listening to their customers. We have confidence that this stuff is fixed and no new major problems will occur. That's all. The Nucks loss last night must have rattled ya a little j.k. just poking fun. I can't really talk being a Wild fan and all.

On a serious note though, I've played about 1 1/2 games online since MLB 10 and it has always been a terrible experience. So my question is, has the online ever not been laggy or had glitches with this series? It seems to me that if you buy the game for online, that isn't a very good decision. This game just isn't an online kind of game IMO. Not shooting down online guys at all because everyone has things in the game they enjoy. I just don't enjoy online in any way shape or form. If this game had the smoothness in gameplay that NHL 12 has online (minus the cheaters) then I may think about playing a few more times online.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 04-13-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #92
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: MLB 12 The Show Title update 1.06 announcement

This is pretty much perfect. The OSFM Opening Day rosters are out, and the patch will fix the schedule and the silly error being given for actually making the catch. So it looks like I will be starting my O's franchise regular season tomorrow! Thanks SCEA!

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #93
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
The reason people are thanking them (myself included) is because they have the track record of actually listening to their customers. We have confidence that this stuff is fixed and no new major problems will occur. That's all. The Nucks loss last night must have rattled ya a little j.k. just poking fun. I can't really talk being a Wild fan and all.

On a serious note though, I've played about 1 1/2 games online since MLB 10 and it has always been a terrible experience. So my question is, has the online ever not been laggy or had glitches with this series? It seems to me that if you buy the game for online, that isn't a very good decision. This game just isn't an online kind of game IMO. Not shooting down online guys at all because everyone has things in the game they enjoy. I just don't enjoy online in any way shape or form. If this game had the smoothness in gameplay that NHL 12 has online (minus the cheaters) then I may think about playing a few more times online.
With all due respect, they DON'T have a history of listening to the customers and fixing things. In MLB 10 they patched one thing but then broke another thing. Every time you paused the game using "start" the game froze! Their solution for the next 10 months? "Press up to make in-game changes" lol

They do not listen to the customer (at least online), because they have added almost nothing in 3 years. The lobbies worked in MLB 09. They have failed 3 consecutive years in 10, 11 and 12.

Several preview sites talked about the "online HR derby". This is a NEW GAME MODE! lol, why isn't it activated? Because their servers aren't handling things as well as they thought and having another online game mode would've bogged that down even more. 5 weeks into the season and we STILL have no updates from devs about this "phantom game mode". But it IS supposed to be there, that has been confirmed to me by one of the developers, he just had NO IDEA when.

People have been asking why classic stadiums don't work online or for their newest mode "Diamond Destiny". Customers pay $4.99 thinking they can use those stadiums online, only to find out they can't. Again, no answers provided by the developers.

In MLB 11, they had to delay online leagues for a month (similar to the HR Derby).

These types of set backs are NOT acceptable for a big franchise like this. You compare it to NHL 12, well guess what, it's the same price. I'm not paying for a lesser product. It's 2012, I expect simple online features to work and that isn't asking too much... well apparently it is.

Let's not forget, they marketed this game with "improved online experience" this year. There is NOTHING new and improved online about this game so far. Only the fact you can pre-set your Play Now options, but the online game play and the online lobbies are still a fiasco.

Anyways, I understand your points as an offline player and I've played RTTS offline, but I'm just expressing how frustrating it is for someone who loves online baseball but doesn't have a good online baseball game to play. You're right about NHL. They can have 12 players on the ice, it all runs FAIRLY smoothly (with some glitches and flaws) but baseball should be simpler than hockey in that's it's a peer to peer game. It's only 2 people instead of 12, yet they cannot make it work!

The problem is they are designing their game for offline play assuming you'll be playing against a cpu, but then when they take that same model and transfer it online, human players can exploit almost everything in the game.

Offline is second to none, Online is the worst of any sports game ever that I have played, in my opinion. I bought it because of the "improved online experience" that was strongly advertised. You're right, that was my fault for not knowing better.

I just don't get it.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #94
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
With all due respect, they DON'T have a history of listening to the customers and fixing things...
You must not play NCAA Football much.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 04-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #95
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
You must not play NCAA Football much.
nope, can only speak for NHL/MLB/FIFA/TIGER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #96
Rookie

quack attack's Arena

OVR: 5

yes i have pretty much given up on the online part of this game, just to glitchy, but offline, woe there, i'm ready to get my game on tomorrow!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »