Home

Has the Show made you a fan of a new team?

This is a discussion on Has the Show made you a fan of a new team? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Has the Show made you a fan of a new team?

Figured this could be an interesting thread. I'm a Braves fan as you can tell by my name and avatar but here lately I've fallen in love with the Orioles. It's been fun trying to rebuild them and go through their franchise. They have pretty much everything I'm looking for. They play in a tough division, have a beautiful stadium, great uniforms, and good young talent to build around. Here lately when the Braves aren't playing I find myself following them on the MLB package. Has this happened to anyone else? I think I'm an Orioles fan now. Still a Braves fan first obviously but I'm adopting the Orioles as my 2nd favorite team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Has the Show made you a fan of a new team?

Years ago, I think it was MLB 99, I decided I wanted to play in the American League. So instead of following custom and playing as the Braves, I played with the Indians. Became a Tribe fan (behind the Braves, obviously) after that for awhile.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

I moved to Florida a few months before I picked up The Show for the first time, and it definitely helped me to become a Tampa Bay Rays fan. I already liked them, but the excitement of calling up Desmond Jennings (who I'd never heard of) after an injury, and having him go on a tear where he hit .400... how can you not love that? The Show definitely helped me appreciate the team.

This is a great thread.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Actually I am a die Cardinals fan having said that my RTTS player plays for the Marlins. I really like the Marlins new uniforms and new stadium so a new found team I would not have probably even looked at had it not been for the RTTS.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know if it makes me more of a fan of a team, but it definitely makes me understand / maybe appreciate teams a little more. Currently I've been working on Astros franchises. I can't say I'm a fan of them, but I certainly understand their roster better.

Also it gives a much better perspective of minor league teams. However I am a Yankee fan through and through.. always have been and always will be. I do like to root for the underdogs in other games though.. which makes the Astros franchise even more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

i wouldn't say The Show has made me a fan of a new team but i definitely gain a bit of knowledge of another team's personnel especially their minor leaguers if im using them in my franchise
Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm stubborn, and I only use the Rockies, no matter what. In RTTS, if I get traded, I exit and reload.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Sergio88's Arena

OVR: 3

Really becoming a Fan of the National's solid team Harper,J & R. Zimmerman,G. Gonzalez,M.Morse,I. Desmond,W.Ramos,H. Rodriguez. etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »