Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Give Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Ok. This makes more sense.

You really have no idea what difficulty and slider tweaking you did? Like, none at all??? You changed them yourself, correct?

I use the release day patch (1.05), which I have to assume is very similar to not being patched at all. I assume, anyway.

If the HR/ticker bug bothers you, I think you ought to stay away from the patches all together until SCEA addresses this. Unpatched, I don't think you'll have this "issue."

Dude, if I were you, I'd be flipping through notebooks and looking through my OS post history hoping I had a record of my sliders somewhere. They didn't attach themselves to your Franchise file? I'm almost positive they do.
I have like ideas of what my sliders were, but I tweaked them for what seemed like a full week of non stop playing, and when they were to my liking, that's when I started a new franchise and played with my adjusted slider set. And then I never had to look again, I had them set just right, I didn't need to look there anymore. I never wrote them down or anything. Just adjusted a click. Played a few games with that, adjusted this and that until it was right. And then when I had them right, I almost finished a complete season, I think I was at about game 155 or 156 when the system died. So it was an almost complete season since I had last looked at any sliders or settings, or anything like that.

And I'm not sure what you mean "attach themselves to my franchise file". I could salvage absolutely nothing from my first PS3, no game saves or anything. I SOOOOOOOO wish I coulda thought ahead and backed up to a flash drive or something.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow. I must be tired today. LOL! So let me get this straight. You absolutely HAD to start over. Your 152 games are gone?

So now you have a new Franchise going and it feels different?

I think I just assumed you were continuing your old Franchise. In which case, I'm pretty sure your sliders would automatically load up when loading the file. And the check mark box labeled "sliders" have a red check in it. But not with a new Franchise. In which case, that sucks.

Man, there's NO WAY you can fix it enough to do the transfer option? Like absolutely no way? Have you called Sony?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Rookie

jimmyl008's Arena

OVR: 1

Did the hard drive itself fail? If it's only the system, you can just pop the hard drive out and transfer it to your new PS3, files and all. Even if the drive is corrupted, there are ways to recover data. I'll bet you could have your old setup back in a few days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

I just got off phone with sony

They tell me since my old hard drive is from the 60gb and the new one is 160, it is possible to use the old hard drive in it, but putting it in will reformat the hardrive and wipe everything off it...
I thought possibly they could transfer somehow in house at Sony if I sent in the 60gb hard drive and a flash drive, maybe they could do something about moving game saves from this to that, but they said whatever they could do would also reformat the hard drive before they could get to anything...

I have now lost all interest. I went and bought an entirely new PS3, and all I ever played is MLB12... new PS3, $250 gone, not even gonna play it now..

I'm not complaining about the Show, its an excellent game. The hardware failures of the sytem itself is what brought this on.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

do you have any techie type friends or maybe best buy nearby? see if they can turn the hard drive into an external (just purchase the kit) and see if the saves can be retrieved that way.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner618
I just got off phone with sony

They tell me since my old hard drive is from the 60gb and the new one is 160, it is possible to use the old hard drive in it, but putting it in will reformat the hardrive and wipe everything off it...
I thought possibly they could transfer somehow in house at Sony if I sent in the 60gb hard drive and a flash drive, maybe they could do something about moving game saves from this to that, but they said whatever they could do would also reformat the hard drive before they could get to anything...

I have now lost all interest. I went and bought an entirely new PS3, and all I ever played is MLB12... new PS3, $250 gone, not even gonna play it now..

I'm not complaining about the Show, its an excellent game. The hardware failures of the sytem itself is what brought this on.
If you had a 60GB Playstation (the new one), would the transfer be possible then?

The way you described it makes it seem like a formatting issue that causes the hard drive to get wiped clean. So, if the Playstations were the same model, wouldn't the hard drive swap work for you then???

Can you exchange the 160GB for a 60GB?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
do you have any techie type friends or maybe best buy nearby? see if they can turn the hard drive into an external (just purchase the kit) and see if the saves can be retrieved that way.
I didn't know they even made such things! I'm goin to bestbuy tomorrow to look into this. Hopefully I can find a way...
Thanks for everones help.
And after playing ALLLLLL those games, I probably needed to take a break for a little while anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
If you had a 60GB Playstation (the new one), would the transfer be possible then?

The way you described it makes it seem like a formatting issue that causes the hard drive to get wiped clean. So, if the Playstations were the same model, wouldn't the hard drive swap work for you then???

Can you exchange the 160GB for a 60GB?
Sony no longer makes any 60gb models, nor would it matter since the hard drive would reformat regardless of what PS3 you transfer it to, it's always been like this.

When this happened to me last year with my launch 20gb ps3 I wound up taking it to a fix-it shop for $100, selling it for $150, then buying a new slim model for $200.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »