Home

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #17
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Give Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Sony no longer makes any 60gb models, nor would it matter since the hard drive would reformat regardless of what PS3 you transfer it to, it's always been like this.

When this happened to me last year with my launch 20gb ps3 I wound up taking it to a fix-it shop for $100, selling it for $150, then buying a new slim model for $200.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Yep, all that is true.
The 60gb one that just died was actually my second PS3. I bought my first one on release day, but ran into a few monetary issues and ended up selling it after a couple weeks.
Then, when I heard they would be discontinuing the 60gb model, which seems to be the best of the release day models with all the features wanted included on it, I found a way to manage to get one.
I cherished this machine. It will be missed. The day after the quit on me, I switched some credit card money around just to go get a new one, and I thought the slim 160gb newer one would impress me even more compared to how much I loved the 60gb. I was wrong. Its nice and all, but not the same. Not even close.

And the only game I've been playing is MLB12. Daily. Since release day. 150+ regular season games + 30-40 games played before the franchise while tweaking settings and sliders. + probably 25 or so AAA Redbirds games I played just to scout out some of my own prospects.
And the roster I had aquired was pretty good. Jay wasn't hitting well at all for me, so I sent him down to AAA while I had Craig taking over CF. And while he was in AAA, another team made me an offer for him involving Getz and Venable. I picked up Brandon Inge and Javier Lopez off waivers. And at some point I picked up Mike Moustakas somehow, don't remember how. And all this was with Jon Jay being the only real loss from my roster.

So, in the season I had just gotten Chris Carpenterand David Freese back from injury, Craig was out, but due back a couple days after the season, in time for postseason. I had clinched my division 2 days before, and leading a couple awards categories that I was still fighting for.

I will miss that franchise. I played every game. I setup all the management features carefully. All the giveaway promotions were thought out in detail, I tried to rotate every couple days each player featured in the tv, radio, newspaper and magazine articles and ads. Each week I changed up each positions training assignments. Every roster move I made, I stopped and looked at every detail and thouht it out for at least 10 minutes before deciding. And any trade offered to me was researched in great detail before deciding. All the stadium upgrades I put in, I maxed out all the seating capacity, had 100% fan support and morale was almost full as well. Everything was playing just right on the field as well as off.

But the system. The system I had cherished and cared for for years, died suddenly, and without warning signs or symptoms. If it had started acting a little odd, or anything, I would've backed up all my games. But now it seems its all lost, and even if I get the settings on my restarted franchise set to satisfy me and I get deep into another season, it still won't feel the same.

I will miss you 60GB FatBoy PS3. I will miss you Franchise One.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner618
Yep, all that is true.
The 60gb one that just died was actually my second PS3. I bought my first one on release day, but ran into a few monetary issues and ended up selling it after a couple weeks.
Then, when I heard they would be discontinuing the 60gb model, which seems to be the best of the release day models with all the features wanted included on it, I found a way to manage to get one.
I cherished this machine. It will be missed. The day after the quit on me, I switched some credit card money around just to go get a new one, and I thought the slim 160gb newer one would impress me even more compared to how much I loved the 60gb. I was wrong. Its nice and all, but not the same. Not even close.

And the only game I've been playing is MLB12. Daily. Since release day. 150+ regular season games + 30-40 games played before the franchise while tweaking settings and sliders. + probably 25 or so AAA Redbirds games I played just to scout out some of my own prospects.
And the roster I had aquired was pretty good. Jay wasn't hitting well at all for me, so I sent him down to AAA while I had Craig taking over CF. And while he was in AAA, another team made me an offer for him involving Getz and Venable. I picked up Brandon Inge and Javier Lopez off waivers. And at some point I picked up Mike Moustakas somehow, don't remember how. And all this was with Jon Jay being the only real loss from my roster.

So, in the season I had just gotten Chris Carpenterand David Freese back from injury, Craig was out, but due back a couple days after the season, in time for postseason. I had clinched my division 2 days before, and leading a couple awards categories that I was still fighting for.

I will miss that franchise. I played every game. I setup all the management features carefully. All the giveaway promotions were thought out in detail, I tried to rotate every couple days each player featured in the tv, radio, newspaper and magazine articles and ads. Each week I changed up each positions training assignments. Every roster move I made, I stopped and looked at every detail and thouht it out for at least 10 minutes before deciding. And any trade offered to me was researched in great detail before deciding. All the stadium upgrades I put in, I maxed out all the seating capacity, had 100% fan support and morale was almost full as well. Everything was playing just right on the field as well as off.

But the system. The system I had cherished and cared for for years, died suddenly, and without warning signs or symptoms. If it had started acting a little odd, or anything, I would've backed up all my games. But now it seems its all lost, and even if I get the settings on my restarted franchise set to satisfy me and I get deep into another season, it still won't feel the same.

I will miss you 60GB FatBoy PS3. I will miss you Franchise One.
Man, I hate it for you. This is probably cold comfort, but somebody wiser than me said something like, "It's not the destination, it's the journey." Did you enjoy the heck out of the 150+ games you played? You suffered an epic fail, by forces beyond your control, that prevented you from reaching your destination; but don't let that make you forget the joy you had during the journey!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm still holding out hope that you can get your save files back.

Somebody, somewhere will know how to retrieve this data. Even if it means fixing it just enough to do so...

Or doing the Best Buy trick posted yesterday.

I'm pulling for you. Don't lose faith!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

UPDATE:

I purchased a hard drive enclosure, which enables an internal hard drive to be used as an external drive connceting via usb cable.

I hooked it all up and tried, at first, connecting the new external to the ps3. No go.
I then connected to the PC, trying to be able to get the save files to the PC, and then to a different flash drive which I could then take to PS3. No Go.
AND I believe the PC process formatted the hard drive, wiping it clean, and now useless for this purpose.

ALL HOPE IS LOST!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

That truly sucks man. I am sorry that this happened to you... All of that time lost, and to no fault of anyone. These things just unfortunately happen.

I do hope that your desire to play again comes back as this game is worth it. Maybe after a couple of weeks off, you'll start another great franchise. I think as baseball season kicks into gear and the summer heat arrives, you will find it tough to resist starting a new franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
That truly sucks man. I am sorry that this happened to you... All of that time lost, and to no fault of anyone. These things just unfortunately happen.

I do hope that your desire to play again comes back as this game is worth it. Maybe after a couple of weeks off, you'll start another great franchise. I think as baseball season kicks into gear and the summer heat arrives, you will find it tough to resist starting a new franchise.
Oh, I'll definitely be back at it. But I gotta get a lot of exhibition games in while slowly tweaking sliders again. Perhaps I can get it to click the way I had it last time (hopefully)

All the lost hope was for the desperate recovery of the other franchise. I'll definitely be backing up the gamesaves from now on...
Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner618
Oh, I'll definitely be back at it. But I gotta get a lot of exhibition games in while slowly tweaking sliders again. Perhaps I can get it to click the way I had it last time (hopefully)

All the lost hope was for the desperate recovery of the other franchise. I'll definitely be backing up the gamesaves from now on...
FWIW, there's some great slider sets here at OS that give very realistic results. I'd suggest starting there and tweaking as you go along. That's what I do, anyway.

Good luck bro!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »