Home

BENCHED in RTTS!?!

This is a discussion on BENCHED in RTTS!?! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: BENCHED in RTTS!?!

I agree, this is a problem. But just one question, some of you guys bosting these insane steroid like numbers, are you playing on Rookie or something? I play on All-Star and do just fine, but more down to earth stuff. If you guys are just that good than that kind of blows my mind.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

it sucks but I like having to hit goals. I currently led my indians team in the triple crown categories and got benched because I wasn't taking walks and ended missing my other goal total bases because of it. then I started grooving the ball and they promoted me to starter again before the end of the goals time.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
I agree, this is a problem. But just one question, some of you guys bosting these insane steroid like numbers, are you playing on Rookie or something? I play on All-Star and do just fine, but more down to earth stuff. If you guys are just that good than that kind of blows my mind.
Well while I was in the minor leagues I did boost all of the hitting sliders (contact, power, timing, solid hits) to 10. But once I got the call up to the big leagues I quit "juicing," which is evident by my first 2 seasons which were spent on the bench for the most part.
I still post good stats but they are more down to Earth like you said. I'm not sure about JV35 though.

Here are my stats through my first 5 seasons in the majors (AB's/AVG/HR/RBI):
2013 (Age 19) - 171/.240/5/21
2014 (Age 20) - 283/.265/13/45
2015 (Age 21, breakout year, ROTY) - 540/.324/41/112
2016 (Age 22) - 540/.313/31/97
2017 (Age 23) - 475/.307/31/89

Oddly enough, I have had somewhat of a decline every year since my breakout year, even though I'm only 24.

Hopefully I can change that this year, I'm in Spring Training of 2018.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
Well while I was in the minor leagues I did boost all of the hitting sliders (contact, power, timing, solid hits) to 10. But once I got the call up to the big leagues I quit "juicing," which is evident by my first 2 seasons which were spent on the bench for the most part.
I still post good stats but they are more down to Earth like you said. I'm not sure about JV35 though.

Here are my stats through my first 5 seasons in the majors (AB's/AVG/HR/RBI):
2013 (Age 19) - 171/.240/5/21
2014 (Age 20) - 283/.265/13/45
2015 (Age 21, breakout year, ROTY) - 540/.324/41/112
2016 (Age 22) - 540/.313/31/97
2017 (Age 23) - 475/.307/31/89

Oddly enough, I have had somewhat of a decline every year since my breakout year, even though I'm only 24.

Hopefully I can change that this year, I'm in Spring Training of 2018.
I play on All Star
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #13
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds to me like you're a poor team player. Fix that attitude and you might find yourself in the lineup again.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Sounds to me like you're a poor team player. Fix that attitude and you might find yourself in the lineup again.
The goal in RTTS is to create your player and become a superstar, and make it to the hall of fame. With my Franchise's I could care less about winning in RTTS. Yes I admit I'm selfish but it's obviously paying off because as a 23 year old I just signed a 4 year, 66MM extension.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #15
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
I play on All-Star with the sliders slightly restricting human ability and I've had varying degrees of success in RTTS.

I've had guys that couldn't hit more than .285 and were traded all over the place.

My current guy is in his 2nd or 3rd year in the majors (can't remember as I've lost touch a little with '13 coming out soon) and he hit over .400 with 78 HR and 192 RBI in his age 21 season. All of his contact, power, and speed attributes are maxed out. He plays first base so I have no need to train his fielding abilities. I've learned that perhaps I should stop a little short of maxing out ratings next time, but I also like the customization factor. If I want to create a monster like this again, I know it's possible. You can make your guy as good or average as you want, depending on where and if you spend the training points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I got back into RttS a few weeks ago and saw that my player was a career .393 hitter going into his 4th full year in the majors. I don't touch the sliders and play on HoF. What I have noticed is that the game has a sort of "rubberband" effect when it comes to hitting. My player can go stretches of hitting 10 hrs in 8 games then go 15 games without a hr. I can get a fastball down the middle and hit a grounder to second. Two weeks later, get that same fastball and smack it for a double. Essentially, it plays like real baseball sometimes.

Also, I miss may be one or two goals a year and haven't been benched. I think you just have to achieve most of your goals so you won't have the issue of getting benched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »