Home

BENCHED in RTTS!?!

This is a discussion on BENCHED in RTTS!?! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: BENCHED in RTTS!?!

I agree that a more dynamic goal system is needed especially when you get to the majors as a regular starter. However, the goals are pretty easy to get and I've never seen someone get benched for coming up short on just one goal period. Usually it takes repeated screw ups over multiple advancement periods. I actually use this to my advantage. I'll ignore the goals one period and use all the points for the attributes I want and then make sure I hit the goals next time just to shut up the coach.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I hate the goals system, it has broken the mode for me I really do not want to play it anymore just because of it. I'll get called up to MLB on the bench but because of my attributes and success I will start half the games but in a 8 week period I can only strike out 5 times, well that goal is failed every single time. Then if I play as a closer it is nearly impossible to up your attributes more than just meeting your goals because you do not get much playing time. I have dumped more than $100 on DLC in the mode in the last year and it is just a very unsatisfying experience. I love The Show but I think the goals completely break what would be an excellent mode otherwise.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
The goal in RTTS is to create your player and become a superstar, and make it to the hall of fame. With my Franchise's I could care less about winning in RTTS. Yes I admit I'm selfish but it's obviously paying off because as a 23 year old I just signed a 4 year, 66MM extension.
He was joking. Hence, the smiley.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #20
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I wasn't benched for performance but I was benched/demoted for injury. In my LF RTTS, I was called up to the majors and then broke my ankle. I was out two months, was activated but lost my starting job and then actually got demoted to AAA two weeks later.

In my SP RTTS, I had pitched a perfect game, was the best starter on the team. Got to late July, had a shoulder strain, went to the DL for the minimum and when I came back, I was in the bullpen as middle relief. I actually got two save chances and converted both of them. Once I got to the next advancement period three weeks later, I was promoted back to the rotation (but now as MLB Rotation rather than MLB Ace) and stayed there the rest of the year, including the #1 starter in the World Series.

I have to imagine I'm the only player in baseball history to pitch a perfect game and convert a save in the same season. Plus pitch and win in the World Series.
My RTTS player is the reigning cy young award winner 2+ consecutive years in a row, but the game seems to like optioning my player to AAA in postseason, when regular season begins I'm in the bullpen and unable to complete any ingame challenges because I am pinched in the batting order or relieved.

Of all the games that I have played, I hate this game the most.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:59 AM   #21
Just started!

OVR: 0

If I paid money to play a game I expect that the player I created is in the position I picked.

Don't sell me a golf cart and argue that it is an Escalade.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »