Home

Roster Vault STEALING

This is a discussion on Roster Vault STEALING within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Roster Vault STEALING

One simple thing the devs could do is label rosters with the creator's name, then add any subsequent names if it was worked on and uploaded again.

Really though, what exactly was lost here? Nothing, if much at all.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #34
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
One simple thing the devs could do is label rosters with the creator's name, then add any subsequent names if it was worked on and uploaded again.
I don't know if digital watermarks work that easily. Yeah, it works in LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers, because the download is saved to your profile, not to a completely separate file of your choosing where you can subsequently save it in another file and upload that, etc. Once it's in your hands, it's kind of out of SCEA's hands.

If they can figure out a way to do that, it would certainly be great. I know what it's like to have my work stolen. I also shamefully know what it's like to steal work, to a much lesser extent. Doesn't really feel good for anyone involved.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #35
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Many save files are now encrypted and also there's some mechanism to check the authenticity of them (via checksum I assume).... so if this is something to be serious about, I think there are ways to always identify the original roster uploader and such.

But unfortunately the anonymous nature of the internet really makes the ugly side of people come out, and there's no way to prevent that so long as they remain anonymous. There's no accountability to worry about.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't know if digital watermarks work that easily. Yeah, it works in LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers, because the download is saved to your profile, not to a completely separate file of your choosing where you can subsequently save it in another file and upload that, etc. Once it's in your hands, it's kind of out of SCEA's hands.
It could be done so that any time you loaded a file the list of creators went along with it, including back into any saved file.

Again though, what exactly was lost here? Better yet, what exactly was gained here? Why did someone try to claim credit for a roster with all players at level zero?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #37
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
It could be done so that any time you loaded a file the list of creators went along with it, including back into any saved file.

Again though, what exactly was lost here? Better yet, what exactly was gained here? Why did someone try to claim credit for a roster with all players at level zero?
The point is just common courtesy though. You must have never put your own creation on the web before. Some people are just really ugly.

In some cases when files aren't protected, it's very easy to remove those names even when they are written upon creation.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Honest question.

Why the zeroed out roster? What's the purpose of it?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 2

lol, the original purpose was for rtts to make it as easy as possible, now the purpose is for franchise, ive simmed 25 years with these rosters, and the results are staggering, 85 hrs in season, 300+ hits. its amazing
Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

What does the angry face mean at the beginning of this post.........
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »