Home

MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Interview - Breaking Down Everything You Need to Know (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: (ESPN) 'MLB 13: The Show' producer on new game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamoneToJRob
We recorded every game of the World Series this year, and that's the audio you're getting for the postseason. The first strike of a playoff game, the crowd goes absolutely nuts, and that's the kind of thing you'll get this year. They play the national anthem, you'll see the players without their ball caps...
That.

That is just absolutely...sexual.

It makes my drive to get to the postseason (i play every inning of every game) all the more worthwhile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Great news! Especially the RTTS stuff, and the Playoff Mode stuff, sounds incredible.

But i really hope Bryce Harper doesn't follow through with 1 hand like in that picture.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I like the new pull/push tendencies but this comment on pulse pitching has me concerned:

Quote:
we made pulse pitching a little easier, while making the other pitching methods just a little more difficult to balance out the game
I already had pitch control at 0 for pulse pitching last year and you still had a lot of control and never saw any wild pitches and very, very few bean balls. Making it easier is not what I want in this area. I've always felt the Show gave us too much control by default which led to very few user issued walks. This will only make that area worse for me unless they tuned it differently.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like the new pull/push tendencies but this comment on pulse pitching has me concerned:

I already had pitch control at 0 for pulse pitching last year and you still had a lot of control and never saw any wild pitches and very, very few bean balls. Making it easier is not what I want in this area. I've always felt the Show gave us too much control by default which led to very few user issued walks. This will only make that area worse for me unless they tuned it differently.
What difficulty level was this on? I use pulse on legend and hover right around 61-68% strikes depending on the pitcher. I have control @ 6 and consistency @ ~2...

Also, the slider for beanballs and wild pitches (aka missing far from your intended target) is the pitch consistency slider, lowering the control slider just makes you more prone to missing in a batter's hot zone...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5

Am I missing something? I have pretty much used auto base running as trying to manuever multiple baserunners at the same time was cumbersome(at least for my feeble mind . But even in auto I was able to cue up a lead off and steal with the L1 & L2 buttons.
I long for the Tony LaRussa days where you could control the lead runner until he scored and then the game automatically switched control to the next lead runner.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
The postseason audio definitely sounds amazing
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
What difficulty level was this on? I use pulse on legend and hover right around 61-68% strikes depending on the pitcher. I have control @ 6 and consistency @ ~2...

Also, the slider for beanballs and wild pitches (aka missing far from your intended target) is the pitch consistency slider, lowering the control slider just makes you more prone to missing in a batter's hot zone...
All-star pitching. I didn't want to go up in difficulty because I could get decent scores on All-Star and didn't want to have to face cpu hitters who could lay off every pitch on the black.

I'm just concerned with making it easier since it would produce less walks. I could understand toning down wild misses a bit to tone down the meatball pitches but general accuracy also needed to be toned down to create less perfect pitches. I realize this is a hard area to fine-tune to get proper walks and strikeouts but making it easier does concern me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #32
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
All-star pitching. I didn't want to go up in difficulty because I could get decent scores on All-Star and didn't want to have to face cpu hitters who could lay off every pitch on the black.

I'm just concerned with making it easier since it would produce less walks. I could understand toning down wild misses a bit to tone down the meatball pitches but general accuracy also needed to be toned down to create less perfect pitches. I realize this is a hard area to fine-tune to get proper walks and strikeouts but making it easier does concern me.
Ok, gotcha. The lack of wild pitches might also be related to the fine tuning of the catcher's slide technique... I remember in years past when the catcher would slide block and the ball would bounce off his leg and to the backstop quite frequently, now the catchers pretty much smother every ball in the dirt and the ball never rolls more than a few feet away. I have seen quite a few pass balls though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »