Home

MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerfan82
if you have some player names to try out for a pitching/fielding/contact oriented team, I'd like to hear them. I'm using the currently released roster from today. I don't know enough about the young players these days, which is why my original attempt had all high rated big names since I didn't know where else to look. they can be any OVR rating as long as their core skills are well rated. Example: Paco Rodriguez is only a 70, but he's got good k/9 and h/9, so he can still pitch well.
I'm going to look during my time with the game today.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 6

Just got MLB the show 13, this game is fantastic, anyway due to the limited time I hace bf MLb the show for ps4 comes out I decide to play the play 1 sim 5 and keep track of my user rec. (I usually play all 162) anyway 3 games in I am 2-1 and the cpu is 9-6 for an overall of 11-7 Minnesota twins rec. Interesting the cpu has the same winning pct as me so far.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #91
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Just got MLB the show 13, this game is fantastic, anyway due to the limited time I hace bf MLb the show for ps4 comes out I decide to play the play 1 sim 5 and keep track of my user rec. (I usually play all 162) anyway 3 games in I am 2-1 and the cpu is 9-6 for an overall of 11-7 Minnesota twins rec. Interesting the cpu has the same winning pct as me so far.
2/3 ≠ 9/15

66.67% ≠ 60%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah. Ok smart ***. Lol
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #93
Just started!

OVR: 0

so that last rendition I stated I tried out I simmed the vast majority of the season with just to see how things would turn out. the team ended up having a 93 win season and made the playoffs. Strasburg made the allstar team and so did Jansen.

in the playoffs I simmed it just to see how they would do. well, even though they were young and their clutch ratings aren't all that high, they breezed through the rounds all the way to the world series against the White Sox I think it was....but then things took a drastic turn. I still simmed the games.

Game 1: Kershaw got destroyed 0-1
Game 2: Strasburg had a solid performance and evened up the series 1-1
Game 3: Harvey did okay but the bullpen couldn't help him out 1-2
Game 4: Miller was lit up 1-3
Game 5: Strasburg decided that this series wasn't going to be lost on his watch - 10 strikeout complete game shutout with 4 hits scattered 2-3

Game 6: Harvey had a job to do. he needed to make this a 7 game series. Well, he tried, but he just couldn't stop the runs machine that was the White Sox for 4 innings and the pen couldn't stop them either. the score going into the 7th inning was 1-9 and it appeared that this was going to be the end of it. But that's why this is baseball....the bats came alive in the 7th inning in a ridiculous inning that scored 10 runs! Rizzo led the charge in this game finishing the game with 7 RBIs of the 12 runs the game ended with it being 12-10....series tied up 3-3

at this point I decided, well, if we're gonna be in the game 7 of a world series, I might as well play it.

Kershaw was back in as the starter and I stared at the rotation seeing that I could have also started with Strasburg since he was rested but I went with my staff ace in hopes of a redemption on the biggest stage.

I was able to pitch fairly well with Kershaw and he stayed in for 5 innings with 6 strikeouts and 2 earned runs, but he was getting hits off him all the time it seemed. There was some early inning drama with Puig being picked off in the first inning and when I had runners on the corners and stole second to try to steal home...2nd base was safe but the throw home had a train wreck at the plate with catcher meeting catcher for out number 3. fortunately, going into the top of the 6th, it was tied 2-2 from a Mike Trout 2 run shot earlier. so I decided that Kershaw was finished for the night and I needed to decide on a reliever.....

....well it's the last game of the season and it's for all the marbles, so why not right? Start warming up Strasburg! He already did 9 innings of awesome in the simmed game, can he extend his performance with me at the helm? so the batting begins...2 outs go by with nothing special...then out of nowhere, Grandal jacks one to center off of a hanging curve. game is 3-2. Kershaw is now in line for the win!

bottom of the 6th comes and Strasburg comes out from the bullpen, and I just know the White Sox are thinking to themselves....Why him!? Anyone but him! It was the heart of the White Sox order and it went down with not 1, not 2, but 3 strikeouts. From the solo shot from Grandal and the striking out the side from Strasburg, it's like the momentum swung heavily toward my team. over the next two innings my guys ran up the score to 6-2 which included another solo shot from Trout to make him with 2 HRs for the night...and Strasburg continued his dominance, only letting up two hits to go with two more strikeouts....and it all ended up coming down to the bottom of the 9th with the score 6-2. the White Sox put it in play twice but were thrown out at first both times....and their third batter was struck out swinging on Strasburg's curveball!

After this I ended up redoing the team again...but that was some crazy stuff in the world series so I thought I'd share.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »