Home

MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #33
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusie
Yes, because when you set it up for 30 team control, you choose which profile controls each team.

For example, when I play, I make sure the team I am using is set to Profile 1...Then all other 29 teams, its set for Profile 2.

You then go into the options/settings for Profile 2, and it gives you a list of topics such as "Trades/Training/Free Agents/etc etc" you can then set those to Manual or Auto...If set to Auto, the CPU controls it.

Then, if you are worried about ridiculous trades, go to the transactions screen and look at Offered Trades (or something like that) after each day, and scroll through all the teams. If you see a trade you don't think a team would make in real-life, you can automatically veto the trade.
One thing i would love to see them add with 30 team control...is a notification for any trade (if you desire to see them).

That way you would be notified immediately if a trade had been offered to any other team by the CPU and you could decide to let it go through or cancel it.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

MLB 10 The Show was the first game of the series I have played and I haven't played any other baseball game besides the show since. I have gotten the latest show game each year and my favorite mode is franchise.
It has always been really hard to play a whole 162 game year. I don't want to make it to where the season is like 14 games because then there will be no regular season series. I have been reading other posts on this thread and I really like the idea of play 1 sim 5. That way I can possibly get through multiple years and the scouting I have done will be of some use.
This year will also be the first year I download the OSFM rosters. I have seen people talk about these for a while but I never new what they were talking about. I searched around and found out what they were and I was very happy when it meant full minors. I have heard great things about them and I think it will truly bring another level of being realistic. The only thing is that it will be another month after the release of the game until they come out. It will be so tempting to just start a franchise before march 31st but I have heard it is worth the wait so I will have to suffer through and wait it out.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

For the longest time I was strictly a RTTS player. I started a Franchise in MLB12 more so that I could control league trades, plus I liked the Franchise aspect. I usually do all the batting and sim the pitching when I play. That lets me complete a game in a decent amount of time.

What I really wish for would be a merging of Franchise and RTTS where you have the option of just batting with your created player, if you so choose, and simming all the rest. That way you could still control trades and Franchise aspects, but control only your player and really speed up the number of games that you can actually play. This would be a good way to be able to get several years into a Franchise without simming a bunch of complete games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #36
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Before All-Star Break.
+ Play one Division Game each time there is a series.

After All-Star Break (Until September 1)
+ Play two Division Games per series.

September/October
+Play Key Games As Needed

This is still a lot of games to play (around 34-40) but you can also fast-forward as you like.

I will be doing something like this with MLB 13.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Do any of you guys know how many games I would play per year if I played 1 and simmed 5?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

I keep up with the current season moves and play all 162 games for one team in each league. What I do is sim the first four innings of most games. I let the chips fall where they may and take over in the fifth inning, even if my team is way behind. So far this has worked out well for me and helps to balance W-L records and stats.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #39
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballin23
i believe 27 games
Thanks, that is what I will probably do in MLB 13. I may play the first 5 games though so I can play with each pitcher for their first game. I'm pretty sure I can get through many seasons doing this.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #40
Banned

mpejkrm's Arena

OVR: 5

I play every game. I'm really OCD about all the stats being mine, and even if they suck, I get upset if I sim and the stats aren't "legit". Takes me time but it's my favorite way of playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »