Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #89
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Matty V showed absolutely no emotion on Harper's home run. I like the new swing animations though and this postseason presentation (aside from commentary) is a step in the right direction.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #90
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
People thinking that the commentary is the easiest thing to do just make me laugh. That's twice as true with Baseball, as there are constant chess matches going on in the game. Go watch your local guys on television and think about how that can translate into a game. What do broadcasters do when there is no action on the field? Do they announce every count or do they bring fourth anecdotes and interesting statistics? There is only so much they can do with what they are using; they aren't going to get these guys to come sit in your living rooms and call every play.
This made chuckle thinking about all the stuff Mario and Rod (FOX Detroit) talk about that is irrelevant to baseball! Lmao, Rod is one funny mofo! He's not trying to be tho...

"Ohhhh Jackson!!" Lol

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #91
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

I thought the new audio sounded amazing and the presentation was gorgeous. Maybe it is because I do not care too much about commentary as I care about the sounds on the field and crowd.

Strange to see so much negativity on commentary when like Jgainsey said, they never said they improved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #92
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This made chuckle thinking about all the stuff Mario and Rod (FOX Detroit) talk about that is irrelevant to baseball! Lmao, Rod is one funny mofo! He's not trying to be tho...

"Ohhhh Jackson!!" Lol

Those two are god awful. Especially Rod Allen. They're so bad I mute my TV and listen to Dan and Jim. Even though Jim Price is kind of hard to listen to. Dan Dickerson is awesome.

I really like Gary Cohen, Ron Darling, and Keith Hernandez. Whenever I watch a Mets broadcast I feel so involved in the game. The way they bounce their knowledge of the game off each other and explain each situation is amazing.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #93
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

I thought they said they lowered the pitch speed. It still seems incredibly fast to me.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #94
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
lots of stuttering in the video. This has me concerned. I wonder if going the digital download route would help this in any way. Not smooth at all.
I brought this up on page 5 of this thread. Apparently everyone is so intent on railing on the commentary that we may all be missing the bigger picture here...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #95
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I thought the new audio sounded amazing and the presentation was gorgeous. Maybe it is because I do not care too much about commentary as I care about the sounds on the field and crowd.

Strange to see so much negativity on commentary when like Jgainsey said, they never said they improved it.
Because it's easier to focus on the negative. For all the things this game does right, people tend to focus on possibly its only weakness. Comparing to other games that have great/better commentary (NBA 2K aside), but at what cost when the rest of the game is a mess?

The commentary issue in The Show is one of quality, not quantity. And the fact that the real-time presentations are just that, where if you skipped them, the commentary would flow together more smoothly. That's why the other games real-time scenes have become less prevalent.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #96
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Just goes to show how spoiled we have become especially those of us that played Commodore 64 baseball
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »