Home

Old 03-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2
Stances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochFV9Ym6dc

i know a lot of people of seen this but i havent found a thread talking about this but considering im huge on batting stances being correct i thought id point out some the new stances is this video especially being a die hard giants fan seeing that Posey finally has his correct stance (maybe he went in and did a motion cap?) makes me so excited to use him in franchise and use his stance possibly for RTTS? Among others i saw were Braun, Bautista, McCutchen, Harper, Longoria, and even David Ortiz got an update. I still want to see what they did for Trout but I really like what i saw especially with Posey, Braun and McCutchens stances. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Stances

Watching most of the video some stances look really good and some look really bad. A lot of the ones that look bad were actually pretty good last year so I don't know why they were changed. While I'm nitpicking some guys have leg kicks that shouldn't and some that should don't. It's nice that we can edit that this year, but that doesn't help online.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Watching most of the video some stances look really good and some look really bad. A lot of the ones that look bad were actually pretty good last year so I don't know why they were changed. While I'm nitpicking some guys have leg kicks that shouldn't and some that should don't. It's nice that we can edit that this year, but that doesn't help online.
im so glad that the stances can be edited more in depth for the first time, its been long over due. I'd love to be able to create a stance from the ground in the future, select hand placement, movements while in the box etc, but i doubt that'll come anytime soon, but this is a great step.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Here is the MLB stance/pitcher list from last year, just follow the down to the updated list, for those that want specific players ect, enjoy.

MLB 12' The Show Generic Batting Stance/Pitching Motion List - Operation Sports Forums
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I ended up giving Robbie Cano, Josh Hamilton's stance due to bat placement being almost identical and the fact that Hamilton has a bat twirl built into his stance. It really makes all the difference.

Still really disappointed that they took out his MLB '12 stance. No reason it shouldn't be one of the generics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I've seen video of Joey Bats and Brett Lawrie's stance.. They are good but needs to be more crouched. I like lawrie's stance last year better, while batista is now open but didn't make him more crouched like we have been preaching the show the past year.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I've seen video of Joey Bats and Brett Lawrie's stance.. They are good but needs to be more crouched. I like lawrie's stance last year better, while batista is now open but didn't make him more crouched like we have been preaching the show the past year.
I dunno..I think they did a damn good job with Bautista. Check out the bomb he hit today -- http://tinyurl.com/apt5bqt

I think they have him crouched enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »