Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #865
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
During the season, I wonder if anything with change by the end of the season...
That's what I'm also wondering. If it's just during the season, then it's rather meaningless in terms of potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #866
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
That's what I'm also wondering. If it's just during the season, then it's rather meaningless in terms of potential.
Interesting, that would be a pointless feature to have in the game then... I'll have to try and monitor it and remember to check the potentials at season's end...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #867
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
Interesting, that would be a pointless feature to have in the game then... I'll have to try and monitor it and remember to check the potentials at season's end...
Well, it could be that the player's potential is fluctuating. The only way to really know is as you say, see what happens at end of season.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #868
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

If Potential changes, it changes for good.

Keep in mind they are not exempt from it changing back or increasing further (like all players).
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #869
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
If Potential changes, it changes for good.

Keep in mind they are not exempt from it changing back or increasing further (like all players).
Are you saying potential always changes for good, meaning better, or just that it's good for the game? Players don't have potential changes that go down, excluding because of age?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #870
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Are you saying potential always changes for good, meaning better, or just that it's good for the game? Players don't have potential changes that go down, excluding because of age?
No...it can change over and over...but it's not just a fluctuation for a short period is what he means....

If it goes from A to B....it stays(unless he ****s the bed and it goes back down)....it's not an A for just 3 weeks and it goes back down to B.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...it can change over and over...but it's not just a fluctuation for a short period is what he means....

If it goes from A to B....it stays(unless he ****s the bed and it goes back down)....it's not an A for just 3 weeks and it goes back down to B.

M.K.
Knight165
Ah, that is good, very good, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #872
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I've gotta say...

From CD to this moment, I have nothing but the utmost praise for how SCEA tweaked Pulse Pitching this year.

I'm about 52 games into a Braves Franchise, where I use Classic Pitching (my first love). As many of you know, I'm actually a Yankees fan. And since I miss them so much, I've got a Pulse-chise going with NYY and it's really been a blast.

I've used Pulse quite a bit this year when I'm taking a break from my Braves and it's really been a lot of fun. From the option to turn the ants off, to being able to select my location/accuracy and watch my pitcher's windup and to it being deliciously inaccurate there's really nothing about it I'm not pretty much head over heels with.

Now, it'll never be where my heart is (m'lady the Classic interface), but it really is a treat and a great change of pace.

Since there hasn't been a Pulse thread on here in quite some time, I figured people might appreciate some feedback on the interface. I definitely recommend it anyone that's not captivated like I am with Classic with the other pitching options.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 04-27-2013 at 07:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »