Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #873
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I've gotta say...

From CD to this moment, I have nothing but the utmost praise for how SCEA tweaked Pulse Pitching this year.

I'm about 52 games into a Braves Franchise, where I use Classic Pitching (my first love). As many of you know, I'm actually a Yankees fan. And since I miss them so much, I've got a Pulse-chise going with NYY and it's really been a blast.

I've used Pulse quite a bit this year when I'm taking a break from my Braves and it's really been a lot of fun. From the option to turn the ants off, to being able to select my location/accuracy and watch my pitcher's windup and to it being deliciously inaccurate there's really nothing about it I'm not pretty much head over heels with.

Now, it'll never be where my heart is (m'lady the Classic interface), but it really is a treat and a great change of pace.

Since there hasn't been a Pulse thread on here in quite some time, I figured people might appreciate some feedback on the interface. I definitely recommend it anyone that's not captivated like I am with Classic with the other pitching options.
I'm playing a game right now, and I happened to see this post as I was preparing to take the mound in the 4th inning.

I thought "eh, why not..." and immediately switched over to Pulse (from Analog) mid-game.

I hadn't really tried Pulse much this year, though it was on my to-do list... It reminded me what wildness is supposed to feel like... and how far away Pure Analog comes to providing the feeling of inaccuracy.

I'm glad I read that post. Also nice to see Pulse is a lot easier on the eyes. I might give Pulse a serious whirl this year.

But while I'm at it, I'll just pitch with Classic for the last 2 innings.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #874
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I thought "eh, why not..." and immediately switched over to Pulse (from Analog) mid-game...

Bobhead= Equal opportunity employer.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #875
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm playing a game right now, and I happened to see this post as I was preparing to take the mound in the 4th inning.

I thought "eh, why not..." and immediately switched over to Pulse (from Analog) mid-game.

I hadn't really tried Pulse much this year, though it was on my to-do list... It reminded me what wildness is supposed to feel like... and how far away Pure Analog comes to providing the feeling of inaccuracy.

I'm glad I read that post. Also nice to see Pulse is a lot easier on the eyes. I might give Pulse a serious whirl this year.

Pulse has a lot of fun factor.

I've never been a fan of 'meter mini-games' in my baseball games, but over the course of this release I thoroughly enjoy how Pulse was implemented every time I use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #876
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I've gotta say...

From CD to this moment, I have nothing but the utmost praise for how SCEA tweaked Pulse Pitching this year.

I'm about 52 games into a Braves Franchise, where I use Classic Pitching (my first love). As many of you know, I'm actually a Yankees fan. And since I miss them so much, I've got a Pulse-chise going with NYY and it's really been a blast.

I've used Pulse quite a bit this year when I'm taking a break from my Braves and it's really been a lot of fun. From the option to turn the ants off, to being able to select my location/accuracy and watch my pitcher's windup and to it being deliciously inaccurate there's really nothing about it I'm not pretty much head over heels with.

Now, it'll never be where my heart is (m'lady the Classic interface), but it really is a treat and a great change of pace.

Since there hasn't been a Pulse thread on here in quite some time, I figured people might appreciate some feedback on the interface. I definitely recommend it anyone that's not captivated like I am with Classic with the other pitching options.
Interesting read. I may have to give Pulse a look.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #877
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

Like many others, I decided to give Pulse a go after reading your post, Heroes. And I was thoroughly impressed with the line it produced.

Ivan Nova: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K. 93 pitches, 59% strikes.

I don't ever remember being this inaccurate with Pulse ... and I love it.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #878
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
Like many others, I decided to give Pulse a go after reading your post, Heroes. And I was thoroughly impressed with the line it produced.

Ivan Nova: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K. 93 pitches, 59% strikes.

I don't ever remember being this inaccurate with Pulse ... and I love it.
I'm thinking I may take a page out of Nemesis' book and find a method of using both Classic and Pulse during my current Franchises.

He uses (and used last year) a Classic on the road/Pulse at home hybrid to keep things fresh. And honestly, the accuracy between the two interfaces are so very close (with Pulse being literally just a smidge more reliable) that it really seems like a fair way to go about it.

I had a game where I went 8 innings, allowing 2 hits, 2 BB's and 8 K's with CC immediately to a game where Andy Pettitte got shelled for 6 runs over 4 innings while walking 3.

Last year I tried Pulse for nearly 30 games and never had an outing like Pettitte's.

SCEA did a marvelous job with it this year. I definitely recommend Classic fans trying it, and Pulse fans trying Classic.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #879
Just started!

OVR: 0

Well this game is great as usual. I love the updated scouting and training
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #880
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnDaddy
Well this game is great as usual. I love the updated scouting and training
I started a MoM and season mode and can't find training anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »