Home

first pitch meatballs....bug?

This is a discussion on first pitch meatballs....bug? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #393
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: first pitch meatballs....bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Could the game be sticking with whatever we choose for that initial question when the game first loaded up? Beginner, experienced and advanced i think they were. I believe i pick experienced. Perhaps Nomo and those not seeing it picked something different that those seeing it. Maybe those with the disk version could try the full uninstall and try. I have the download version, so its much more of a hassle for me.

I have switched difficulty in the middle of these games and turned PCI on and the PCI was clearly larger or smaller based on difficulty while i still had the same results. Clearly could be tested further and by more people. I do believe its something in the settings but i would ask wouldn't it be on all pitches then? I haven't played on beginner or rookie before so i don't know.
I picked Expert profile for my own, and also created another one and chose Beginner and played exhibition games using those users after customizing the profiles (to All-star, Zone hitting, etc.)... but I haven't seen the same issue.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #394
Rookie

theSmilingAssassin27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I think Bobhead might be onto something with playing on a different difficulty level than the game says, i.e. it might say HOF but could be stuck on Veteran etc.

Worth testing later.
How does difficulty level work in CPU vs. CPU games? Does it use the difficulty on the default profile, or is there no difficulty level at all? I ran those 3 CPU games with all-star difficulty in my default profile, and I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to run the same 3 games with a higher difficulty in the default profile.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #395
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSmilingAssassin27
How does difficulty level work in CPU vs. CPU games? Does it use the difficulty on the default profile, or is there no difficulty level at all? I ran those 3 CPU games with all-star difficulty in my default profile, and I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to run the same 3 games with a higher difficulty in the default profile.
I ran mine on hall of fame and had similar results as you (they are a few pages back). However i wondered the same thing on the CPU vs CPU difficulty. Since its similar to what i am seeing when i play, i didn't ask further. We really need more testers.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 03-09-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #396
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Difficulty levels don't matter in CPU vs. CPU games.

They are supposedly played on All-star level (meaning, the game is tested and tuned on that level to what it considered to be *the* sim results... and then lower and higher levels are adjusted to cater to users with different abilities).

... and that's partly why I still am very confused as to why you seem to get results so different from mine... I'm getting roughly what I expect out of CPU vs CPU games... it is slightly strike friendly for sure (on purpose), but strike % isn't nearly where you guys report at, and I certainly see many more non-primary pitches used for first pitches.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #397
Rookie

theSmilingAssassin27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Difficulty levels don't matter in CPU vs. CPU games.

They are supposedly played on All-star level (meaning, the game is tested and tuned on that level to what it considered to be *the* sim results... and then lower and higher levels are adjusted to cater to users with different abilities).
Ok thanks, good to know, now I won't be wasting my time with that.

Quote:
... and that's partly why I still am very confused as to why you seem to get results so different from mine... I'm getting roughly what I expect out of CPU vs CPU games... it is slightly strike friendly for sure (on purpose), but strike % isn't nearly where you guys report at, and I certainly see many more non-primary pitches used for first pitches.
Yea it's crazy how different out results are, which keeps me thinking that there is a difference somewhere in our settings- but I'm not holding out much hope for that.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfickle
I've found that taking a timeout (down on the dpad) when the pitching display grays out seems to prevent this issue. This is on RTTS and a low difficulty, but I'm noticing the pitchers throw out of the zone and different pitch types.
I just tried this and it seems to have worked/helped (granted, it was 1 game).

Try it out guys, wtfickle might be on to something.

I was LAA @ Tex and they had Harrison going. All-star Default as usual (Exhibition).

I called time (pushing down on D-pad) at the beginning of each inning, right after the CPU selects its pitch and the selection greys out.

I ended the game with Texas throwing around 50% strikes on first pitches (screenshots coming). I had 6 BB since it felt like I wasn't in 0-1 and 0-2 holes almost every at-bat (especially to start the inning). The pitching felt a little more opened up and I wasn't stressing about either taking the easy strike or keeping the CPU's pitch count low because my at-bats would end in 2 pitches.

I'll try a couple more games and see how it goes.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 14

This was encouraging. First game I ever had more walks than hits.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #400
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I just tried this and it seems to have worked/helped (granted, it was 1 game).

Try it out guys, wtfickle might be on to something.

I was LAA @ Tex and they had Harrison going. All-star Default as usual (Exhibition).

I called time (pushing down on D-pad) at the beginning of each inning, right after the CPU selects its pitch and the selection greys out.

I ended the game with Texas throwing around 50% strikes on first pitches (screenshots coming). I had 6 BB since it felt like I wasn't in 0-1 and 0-2 holes almost every at-bat (especially to start the inning). The pitching felt a little more opened up and I wasn't stressing about either taking the easy strike or keeping the CPU's pitch count low because my at-bats would end in 2 pitches.

I'll try a couple more games and see how it goes.
First game using this on hall of fame default. First pitch only. Hum Vs CPU

LAA me vs Texas
Darvish pitched 7 innings, 4FB 5 times, 2B Twice, location 4,3,3,6,B,B,B
Tateyama pitch 1 inning, pitch a SL, location 8
Frasor pitched 1 inning, pitch a 4FB, location 4. I didn't use the timeout for this just to see.

Total- 8 pitches using the actual workaround. Only five were the pitchers first pitch. Only five if them were strikes.

Second game
Miami Vs Philly me. Hall of Fame, Cpu vs Human
Alvarez pitched 6 innings, pitched 4FB three times, 2FB twice and a changeup once. location B,4,9,B,B,7
Jennings pitched 1 inning, Pitched a 4FB, location B
Webb pitched 1 innings, pitched a SNK, location B

8 pitches, 5 were the pitchers #1 pitches, 5 of the 8 were balls.

Overall total 16 pitches, 10 pitches #1 pitch, Strike rate 50%, 8 of each.

I'll clearly test further but its the most varied results i have had since this started

Last edited by dkrause1971; 03-09-2013 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »