Home

How to change Umpire tendencies.

This is a discussion on How to change Umpire tendencies. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to change Umpire tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
How many major league hitters do you think have beat their heads against the wall?...It's part of the game. Sometimes, it forces you to swing when you normally wouldn't and THAT'S baseball.
Yea, no I'm talking about as a pitcher. And Im an NL pitcher so I AM seeing it both ways. The truth is that when I took a strike at the plate.....it was a strike.....and when I threw a strike....it was a ball.

Problem has been resolved for the most part. Even on the setting that has all calls correctly, there are still some fluctuations were you will think (REALLY?) but nothing close to as insane as the other way.

And to reply directly to your comment, I have never seen a real life blown call as bad as the few I had called against me today. Thats not "Keeping it real" or "Part of the game" it was just several REALLY bad calls (Period)
Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Maybe you got some NBA refs. If so sorry to hear that because unfortunately there's not a fix. Well wait there is a fix. Wink wink know what I mean know what I mean.

PSN maestro3445

Celtics,Pats,Bruins NHL ,and Red Sox.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Rookie

I always get screwed with plays at the plate
Gal 2:20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
Rookie

I'm certainly not knocking you guys for this but isn't it kinda fun to feel like theirs a element of luck and or randomness?

I actually like cruising along with my pitcher only to be a bloop hit and or untimely walks to make the game exciting.

PSN maestro3445

Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

How can I change Angel Hernandez's real-life tendencies? He's killing the game for me.

This really does go both ways...I get my fair share of called strikes on pitches clearly outside of the zone too (some don't even hit the border of it).
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyballgame78
I'm certainly not knocking you guys for this but isn't it kinda fun to feel like theirs a element of luck and or randomness?

I actually like cruising along with my pitcher only to be a bloop hit and or untimely walks to make the game exciting.
I DO agree with what you are saying. And looking back at my posts perhaps I am coming off as (its too hard .. cry cry) thats not what I mean. I am pitching in All Star. I have made it to the bigs (Miami) and had a 4 hit 17 strike out shut out to finish the season
My ERA is usually around 2.80 ish.....I give up some long balls, I don't walk as much as I realistically should. Right now I have the most strikeouts at 31 and the least walks 3.

What I am talking about is totally different from (reality) these balls feel like the game is just screwing with me, in no way shape or form should these EVER be called balls even WITH variable ump calls. Just ridiculous blown calls at the worst possible moment. If I knew how to record them I would show you what I am talking about, so you would understand.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
I DO agree with what you are saying. And looking back at my posts perhaps I am coming off as (its too hard .. cry cry) thats not what I mean. I am pitching in All Star. I have made it to the bigs (Miami) and had a 4 hit 17 strike out shut out to finish the season
My ERA is usually around 2.80 ish.....I give up some long balls, I don't walk as much as I realistically should. Right now I have the most strikeouts at 31 and the least walks 3.

What I am talking about is totally different from (reality) these balls feel like the game is just screwing with me, in no way shape or form should these EVER be called balls even WITH variable ump calls. Just ridiculous blown calls at the worst possible moment. If I knew how to record them I would show you what I am talking about, so you would understand.
well in RTTS it may be a different animal. I play franchise mostly but I've always felt RTTS had the bust you down kinda feeling as if to emulate paying your due's.

PSN maestro3445

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
Rookie

wutangfourever's Arena

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362786841.428009.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362786854.297831.jpg

Here are 2 examples Of back to back warmup pitches with the computer calling clear strikes balls. These aren't even some of the worst offenses by these variable umps I've had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »