Home

Guide to a successful offseason...

This is a discussion on Guide to a successful offseason... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guide to a successful offseason...

Ya man it is a good thread and it will be useful for people.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:43 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm just starting my first offseason in The Show '15,and have reloaded and tried this many times.What I'm seeing and trying to change is that the same teams are always aggressive in the F.A. signing period and some teams do absolutely nothing.

For instance the Dodgers always go hard after Cueteo,Kazmir,Samardzija, Latos and Bucholz.They usually get 2 or 3 of those guys to add with Kershaw and Grienke.Cards,Padres and Giants usually get the others.Meanwhile the Cubs,Pirates,Mets and other contenders do nothing.

The aggressive teams are usually get a couple of the best position players too, especially the Dodgers.I'm wondering what determines AI aggression in the offseason and what can be done to tinker with it.

I took the Cubs lowered all of the starters ratings ridiculously low and they still did not go after a starter.Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #115
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok so really struggling here and I think Im following the guide right but Im sure Im doing something wrong.

Playing as the Twins, rough season, game says I have 22.5 mil in available budget.

So the first day I only go through and offer contracts to minor leaguers, players that have nothing listed under "Status" on the free agent screen. I offer them the minimum that comes up, they all sign. I sim through until free agency opens with all other players, not touching a thing with any other player on my roster.

I then go to a player such as Ian Kennedy, offer him the 6.0 mil/year (for one year) he wants. Sim a day, offer is withdrawn. Ok, so look at 40 man roster, adding players to get to 40 and offer contract again, offer is still withdrawn.

I did not touch contracts of any other player with the contract status of Contract Renewable or Arbitration Eligible. So even though I didnt touch a thing with them, is the game still calculating behind the scenes of what they "might" have for a contract? I have seven players eligible for arbitration. I did try to read through the entire thread too and from what I have gathered, the game is adding those up I believe.

Edit: I just went in the trade screen and it said available budget 10 mil, as opposed to the 22 mil available. I would think that would be the "real" budget number but still that doesnt explain not being able to sign Kennedy for only 6 mil.

Last edited by aldon_47; 08-16-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »